Can Kyle Wilson impress again at NFL scouting combine?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Can Kyle Wilson impress again at NFL scouting combine?
The former Bronco has the scouts' attention after a strong Senior Bowl.
BY CHADD CRIPE - ccripe@idahostatesman.com
Copyright: © 2010 Idaho Statesman
Published: 02/27/10

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/02/27/1097518/can-kyle-wilson-impress-again.html

Email Storyclose Email Story Comments (14) | Recommend (1)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Former Idaho offensive guard Mike Iupati is scheduled to go through the skills tests Saturday at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis along with the rest of the invited offensive linemen.

Iupati is a projected top-20 pick in both ESPN.com mock drafts.
The pundits seemed startled by former Boise State cornerback Kyle Wilson's performance last month at the Senior Bowl, where he emerged as a potential NFL first-round draft pick.

To Wilson, his showing was business as usual.

"I wasn't doing anything brand new," he said. "I was just doing the same things I've been doing in practices and games for the past few years."

Wilson gets a chance to build on that success the next few days at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, where NFL personnel convene to examine and interview the top college talent.

Wilson arrives Saturday and will go through three days of meetings, mental tests and medical exams. However, he won't participate in the running and jumping tests Tuesday because of a hamstring strain sustained during workouts in Orlando, Fla.

Instead, he'll do those tests at Boise State's pro day on March 26. That's when the scouts come to Boise.

"It wouldn't be in my best interest to run," said Wilson, an All-American cornerback and punt returner. "É All I can do is get healthy and show off my talent on pro day. I wish I could compete."

ESPN's draft analysts both project Wilson in the top 25 picks, so scouts likely will be highly interested in his 40-yard dash time. Wilson expects to run that in about 4.3 seconds.

Offensive tackle Ryan Clady became the Broncos' first first-round pick two years ago. The NFL Draft is April 22-24.

"I'm definitely worthy (of the first round)," Wilson said. "It's been a dream of mine. I've been working for it for years. I definitely see myself as the best guy out there."

He'll try to prove that more with his mind than his athleticism at the combine. His preparation in Orlando included meeting with an interview coach.

Wilson also interacted with team personnel at the Senior Bowl.

"It's not really rocket science what goes on," he said. "It's very similar to the Senior Bowl. I know what to expect. I pretty much know everything that's going to happen."

Woods

Reaction score
VACowboy;3290069 said:
I'd take Wilson at 27.

i wouldn't be surprised.

maybe they take a cb instead and move ball to fs? or, they have a guy like wilson play the "star" position.

VACowboy

Reaction score
The way things are going, with coverage safeties in higher and higher demand, it's a matter of time until FS replaces SS and another CB replaces FS.