Can someone clarify a Pacman issue for me?

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Is it true that if Jerry had suspended Pacman then we would not have recieved the pick from Tennesse? I could have sworn I read that somewhere.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;2342155 said:
Is it true that if Jerry had suspended Pacman then we would not have recieved the pick from Tennesse? I could have sworn I read that somewhere.

First I have heard of that.

ljs44

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;2342155 said:

Norm just said that on the Ticket. They only got the Titans 5th if he got suspended by the league.

Mash

Reaction score
The agreement on the trade had to do with a NFL suspension.....not a team suspension.

Jerry wasnt going to suspend a player for this kind of conduct......how many players have beaten their wives....DUI....handguns....fights.....etc... things much worse then what Pacman did and those teams never suspended their players.....The NFL does....and I dont see the media bashing those teams....

Pacman is a idiot....but the rules set by the NFL were strict....Pacman had enough chances....the guy will be living under a bridge one day......this gift ..playing in the NFL wasnt important enough to him.

links18

Reaction score
This is why I wouldn't be surprised to see Goodell take some picks away from us. He can't like trade conditions that give teams an out when they trade for troubled players or gives them an incentive not to take disciplinary action themselves. The league did approve the trade, but Goodell seems to have divine powers to do whatever he wants, so we will see what happens.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
links18;2342373 said:
This is why I wouldn't be surprised to see Goodell take some picks away from us. He can't like trade conditions that give teams an out when they trade for troubled players or gives them an incentive not to take disciplinary action themselves. The league did approve the trade, but Goodell seems to have divine powers to do whatever he wants, so we will see what happens.

It's BS if he does, should of nixed it at the time, can't go changing it after the fact. Both teams knew what they were getting into.