Can someone explain....

Mash

Reaction score
We have LOT's.....converting to ROT's

We have SS converting to FS

and none of them are working....

This lastest news saying Davis if better suited for SS just kills me....

Another year of Journeyman Lynn" I've got pictures" Scott playing FS for us will drive me nuts.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Mash said:
We have LOT's.....converting to ROT's

We have SS converting to FS

and none of them are working....

This lastest news saying Davis if better suited for SS just kills me....

Another year of Journeyman Lynn" I've got pictures" Scott playing FS for us will drive me nuts.

The LT to RT conversion drives me nuts too, but it is because college RTs are suited to play in the NFL. They have the physical ability to be a RT in college, but not in the NFL. So you take a LT that has the physical attributes to play in the NFL and make him a RT.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
it's harder to find a RT who can perfrom at the NFL leverl, and sas far as FS, goes i think we just been hitting on the wrong guys,

What sucks is we have 2 good SS and one great SS, and only one postion for them to play,

Gooch

E-Dog
Reaction score
Cant talk about all the conversions unless you also talk about DT's converted to LB and vice-versa. Looks like theres just a lot of shuffling going on. Cant wait for the regular season so all this moving calms down.

Reaction score
I think we will be fine at RT, it will pan out as far as FS goes no doubt...
We need a real NFL level ball hawk there...

However, ANYONE will be better then Lynn "No speed" Scott...

blindzebra

Reaction score
Whenever you move up it becomes more of a projection.

DE's that are under 270 don't fit the NFL ideal, so many become OLB or get stuck as a situational player.

Corners that have good size, but lack closing speed, tend to project to safety.

LTs that lack footwork, tend to project to RT.

RTs tend to project to guard.

Small athletic QBs tend to project to WR.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the S news in camp so far has been good, not bad.
It's not exactly news that KDavis is a good fit at SS, too. And the comments about Beriault imply that he's going to switch to FS in camp at some point. He's got good range and is a player. I wasn't much worried about that spot to begin with (it's FS, for crying out loud), but I'm not giving it another thought at this point.

Then again, I'm kind of fond of LScott, too. Dixon was the guy who made me nervous.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I'm besides myself we have not brought in a quality FS. We have scrubs back there. That will kill Roy's ability to roam the box. FS typically runs the secondary -

AND WE HAVE $6.7m Cap

Jubei

Reaction score
All it comes down to is Parcells trying to find the best person to play a position and create competition. Just look at Parcells talking about getting Newman to do Punt / Kick off returns !

I keep hearing Parcells say “I have an idea for RT, don’t try and guess what it is, because you will be wrong”. Well after seeing the TC photos of him running around, I think he fancies himself there :D

Aaron Glenn will play FS IMHO, he is to good a player to spend anytime on the bench, waiting to be needed to play CB.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sure the Jets will take a 3rd for Hunter.....lol

Dat mans bro

Reaction score
Maybe we will strike gold on one of these conversions. If I am not mistaken, wasn't Woodson a LB converted to safety?

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
I'm besides myself we have not brought in a quality FS. We have scrubs back there. That will kill Roy's ability to roam the box. FS typically runs the secondary -

AND WE HAVE $6.7m Cap

OK, I'll bite. Besides Law, who do you recommend? I am all for upgrading the position, but I don't know that there is anyone out there that is an upgrade right now.

BP has said they are looking, so its not like they aren't being proactive.

Until Law backs off his stance that he is a corner and teams are not discussing deals to play him at corner, I can't really consider him a FS option.

So, let's be realistic. Who is a guy that:
a) could be cut during camp
b) is a young guy that might be brought in off a practice squad like Frazier last year
c) could be brought in through trade and what could be offered.
d) is currently available

It doesn't do much good to complain about it if you don't have a plan.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
couple days of training camp and kids already got they panties in a bunch. calm down. this is waht TC is for, to answer questions. Give it some time

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
You stay on the FS - train. I see the wreck ahead.

Why allow 1 position to kill us? Look at RCB last year - same story different year.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
You stay on the FS - train. I see the wreck ahead.

Why allow 1 position to kill us? Look at RCB last year - same story different year.
I completely disagree. You have to admit the rest of the defense is so much improved over last year any down play at FS will be felt far worse than the RCB situation of a year ago. A much different story.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:

AND WE HAVE $6.7m Cap
I am just asking here....but who is available? I seriously don't know if there is anyone we can pick up until the last cut before the season starts. Maybe then (if no one steps up by then) we go after somebody.

scottsp

Reaction score
You'd be surprised what you can get away with at FS if there is ample pressure on the passer. And as bad as we were there last season, it was because we had to move so many other parts around in the secondary.

When Pete Hunter is your second best corner, you are off to a bad start. And that with almost nothing in the way of pass rush in front of him.