Can Texas handle 3 NFL teams????

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I know the Saints are making noise like they could leave New Orleans for San Antonio if they don't a new stadium deal and such, but I was wondering how that would play out for the state if they did come. I assume there are a ton of Cowboy fans in San Antonio and wonder if they could be had? Also, what is the logistacl situation between Dallas and San Antonio?

TLW47

Reaction score
I don't believe the NFL will ever put a team in San Antonio. It's a bustling growing city definitely but an NFL one? I don't see it.

k19

Reaction score
I dont see SA as a fit. Didnt McCombs babble about moving the viking to SA years back?

I honestly dont see the aints leaving NO to be honest. It was on nfl radio yesterday or the day before Riggo was talking about the impact on the city since its the only major sport and all the money the team would have to pay back for an early out

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
TLW47 said:
I don't believe the NFL will ever put a team in San Antonio. It's a bustling growing city definitely but an NFL one? I don't see it.

Did you know that the population of San Antonio proper is larger than Dallas proper?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
with three NFL teams its going to be just like the NBA, but just like in houston,true fans will show there colors.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DANTHEMAN said:
Did you know that the population of San Antonio proper is larger than Dallas proper?
It's not necessarily about population, moreso about median income. S.A can barely afford to support the Spurs, let alone a football team.

However, anything is possible. They built the Alamodome for a football team that never came.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
you know what i got this article about it\
The San Antonio Saints?

The New Orleans press is abuzz with word that Saints owner Tom Benson has talked to San Antonio about moving the Saints to the Alamo City. While many in Louisiana take this as a bargaining ploy — Benson, whose Saints rank 31st in revenue in the NFL, has been trying to force a better lease from the state — a real move would have disatrous consequences for Cowboys fans in Texas. Consider:

NFL territories and blackout rules would make the Saints THE Fox team in the San Antonio and Austin markets. Right now, the Texans and ‘Pokes co-exist peacefully, with the Texans on CBS and the Cowboys on Fox. The Saints would blow this arrangement apart. Any Cowboys fan living in these markets would have to get the Sunday ticket or go to a sports bar. Austin’s Fox affiliate would face the horrible choice of annoying the NFL, by working outside of the blackout rule, or forcing a team most Austinites don’t care about onto the city.

And let’s not forget San Antonio, where the Cowboys have held training camp. It’s quite possible that the new Saints would face a problem the Oilers had in early ’70s; being the second most popular team in their home city.

This would be a stupid move for Benson. The Alamodome is not a luxury-box-laden facility, and luxury boxes are the lifeblood of all new stadiums. San Antonio is also one of the poorest major cities and would not have the business base to fill the boxes on a level seen league wide. If Benson thought New Orleans was small potatoes revenue-wise, let him move to San Antonio.

If Benson was really a good poker player, he would have been caught talking to Los Angeles. This move only makes him look like a rube — or so Cowboys fans should hope. If Benson were to make the move — hey, anything is possible; the NFL is still home to Bud Adams, right? — Cowboys fans from the Rio Grande Valley to Austin could get a raw deal.

by rafeal vela

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I think Houston alone could handle 3 to 4 football teams.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Nors said:
I think Houston alone could handle 3 to 4 football teams.

Houston could not keep the Oilers here and while Texans are selling out right now the newness is about to wear off