Can the Cowboys defeat the Bears at Soldier Field?

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Taken from another board posted by cowboysgotrings:

While clicking through the nfl website this afternoon I stumbled upon NFLsuperfans.com and they are featuring the Bears vs Cowboys game. They have posted a question on their home page that reads "Can the Cowboys defeat the Bears at Soldier Field?"...there are allot of Bears fans who think our offense is over-rated and that Tony Romo won't be able to handle the pressure
Some "insightful" Bears fan wrote:

"The Cowboys are given so much praise for their offense, which yes is scoring points against AVERAGE defenses.To think that the Cowboys are going to march into soldier field on a Sunday night and not be affected by the noise, environment, and ferocious defense is just plain idiotic. Look for Grossman to air it out to Bernard Berrian all day long against the Cowboys defense which is 31st in the league against the pass! ...and by the way Hester already has 1 return for a touchdown good luck stopping him. Bears will win 24 to 13"

I personally think that we match up really well against the Bears and expect Tony Romo to have another solid performance. The Bears focus so much on stopping the run that they give up big pass plays. In the game against the Chargers, the Bears continued to line up with 8 to 9 guys in the box which allowed Antonio Gates to come away with a huge game and the win for the Chargers.
I expect the same thing to happen against us, the Bears will probably target Jones/Barber while applying pressure on Romo forcing him to throw under pressure. I think Jason Witten will have a game similar to that of Antonio Gates and Terrell Owens will draw the secondary's attention away from our other receivers.

As far as stopping the Bears, I think the best solution is to do what the Chargers and Chiefs did...blitz and blitz some more. Rex Grossman has looked horrible and makes stupid mistakes under pressure. If we can force him to make throws in those situations I think our secondary will have a big day.
I think the Cowboys will march into soldier field and steal one from the Bears defense.

Cowboys will win 27 to 14