Can the Cowboys get their confidence back?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They looked totally baffled out there. A lot of people say that the Cowboys are giving up in games. I see it a little differently (unless you're talking about the Jenkins play). The looks on their faces tell me that they are trying, but they're still being handled like rag dolls, regardless of the opponent's talent level. Romo, Felix, a healthy Witten and a rested Flo should help the offense after the bye. But will the return of TNew be enough to jumpstart the defense? The D has zero faith in itself right now. They have totally lost confidence. Being dragged all over the field will do that to you. With 7 games left, the Dallas Cowboys have no confidence in their ability to block, tackle or execute when they need it the most. Is it too late to get their confidence back and go on a winning streak?

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2394255 said:
They looked totally baffled out there. A lot of people say that the Cowboys are giving up in games. I see it a little differently (unless you're talking about the Jenkins play). The looks on their faces tell me that they are trying, but they're still being handled like rag dolls, regardless of the opponent's talent level. Romo, Felix, a healthy Witten and a rested Flo should help the offense after the bye. But will the return of TNew be enough to jumpstart the defense? The D has zero faith in itself right now. They have totally lost confidence. Being dragged all over the field will do that to you. With 7 games left, the Dallas Cowboys have no confidence in their ability to block, tackle or execute when they need it the most. Is it too late to get their confidence back and go on a winning streak?

They need to find chemistry. I still have hope they did what the Giants did last year, go 10-6 and get hot in the playoffs. Same goes for the Colts a few years ago. Their team was banged up and their D couldn't stop anybody. They got healthy and their D was awesome in the playoff run.

So I just hope the Cowboys can do the same.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
They'll get it back over the next 3 games when they go 3-0 and get us back in the hunt. After Thanksgiving we'll be right back in the thick of things.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
offensively, yes.

as for the rest of the team nothing will change.

Penalties will come in bunches. Kickoffs will be short. Our defense will surrender on 3rd downs almost 100% of the time.

To win romo is going to have to play near perfect games against some pretty good defenses.

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2394301 said:
They'll get it back over the next 3 games when they go 3-0 and get us back in the hunt. After Thanksgiving we'll be right back in the thick of things.

Hope your right and wish that I had that confidence in them.

BadKarma

Reaction score
When Romo gets back, I have a distinct feeling the OL is going to play with a little more urgency and determination. I have to believe this team will rally behind him and indeed can make a run like the Giants from last year. Of course, Romo will need to do his part and cut down on his INT and fumbles.

Getting Romo and Felix back will change the dynamics of this offense immediately. When we're able to score more, our defense will be able to pin their ears back and go after the QB.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2394255 said:

No I think the team does not know how to play hard for 60 minutes and it started in camp.

They showed up and won a few games and just expected to win they did not put in the necessary work to be a great team.

Reaction score
theebs;2394306 said:
offensively, yes.

as for the rest of the team nothing will change.

Penalties will come in bunches. Kickoffs will be short. Our defense will surrender on 3rd downs almost 100% of the time.

To win romo is going to have to play near perfect games against some pretty good defenses.

T-Newman will be back Felix Jones will be back which will help on offense and ST's. We will get a healthy and hungary Romo back. Witten will be rested some. Kosier will be back which should add some chemistry back. Even get Adam Jones back. Like it or not he adds another body on the field.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2394311 said:
Hope your right and wish that I had that confidence in them.

If you factor in the guys we'll get back and look at the schedule we'll be in great position to do just that. We've got the Skins, who we can beat and I think everyone believes that, and then you've got the Niners and Seahawks. Those are very winnable games.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2394332 said:
T-Newman will be back Felix Jones will be back which will help on offense and ST's. We will get a healthy and hungary Romo back. Witten will be rested some. Kosier will be back which should add some chemistry back. Even get Adam Jones back. Like it or not he adds another body on the field.

Well there you have it.

Lets all just sit around and wait for adam jones to come back and save us.

Ever thought that maybe these types of guys being put on this team and declared as saviors might be a major part of the problem?

Reaction score
Kangaroo;2394315 said:
No I think the team does not know how to play hard for 60 minutes and it started in camp.

They showed up and won a few games and just expected to win they did not put in the necessary work to be a great team.

I think that is crap. Come on! Don't want to use injuries as an excuse but when you lose your Probowl QB, your best CB along with other guys than you add in some other things and you get what you get= a loss.

Reaction score
theebs;2394345 said:
Well there you have it.

Lets all just sit around and wait for adam jones to come back and save us.

Ever thought that maybe these types of guys being put on this team and declared as saviors might be a major part of the problem?

I was waiting for a silly response, congrats! Stop! No, Adam Jones is not the savior but you add him with a rotation with Newman, Henry, Jenkins and Scandrick it can only help.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pick6TerenceNewman;2394295 said:
They need to find chemistry. I still have hope they did what the Giants did last year, go 10-6 and get hot in the playoffs. Same goes for the Colts a few years ago. Their team was banged up and their D couldn't stop anybody. They got healthy and their D was awesome in the playoff run.

So I just hope the Cowboys can do the same.

Chemistry will indeed be important. For example, Romo has never thrown a pass to Roy Williams. The O-Line will have to get acclimated to having Kosier back (a good thing). Garrett will need to find ways to utilize Felix as a weapon, something he has yet to do. Felix was scoring almost by accident. There was a pleasant surprise every time he touched the ball. We miss that.

The defense will have to figure something out. No pass rush and no coverage is a recipe for disaster. A glaring problem I see is the lack of consecutive good plays by the defense. If they get a sack, they give up a long gain on the next play. They are too inconsistent. Of course they have to be tired with an offense that can't stay on the field very long. The Tampa Bay game gave me hope, but it was just a mirage. I hope they get it together.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2394353 said:
I think that is crap. Come on! Don't want to use injuries as an excuse but when you lose your Probowl QB, your best CB along with other guys than you add in some other things and you get what you get= a loss.

Except New England that won a superbowl garbing a CB of a practice squad mid season and playing Troy Brown a wr both ways as a nickel back and a wr.

New England is playing better than Dallas after losing one of the Best QB's in the league

So we lost the backup RB in felix what did we pay Barber starting money for?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
This team was making the same mistakes they are making now when they were winning, the mistake a lot of us are making is thinking that this is all out of the blue.

Coy

Reaction score
We need ROMO, the emotional 2007 version.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I am watching the post game show and apparently some players didnt see the game.

Mike jenkins is smiling and giggling about his big game and his first score. And of course he had to pay tribute to Deion sanders with his first score.

I guess he didnt see the final score.

Nothing has changed here. This team is what it is. Watching these guys speak is painful.

For once patrick crayton was the one guy withe common sense.

Coy

Reaction score
theebs;2394681 said:
I am watching the post game show and apparently some players didnt see the game.

Mike jenkins is smiling and giggling about his big game and his first score. And of course he had to pay tribute to Deion sanders with his first score.

I guess he didnt see the final score.

Nothing has changed here. This team is what it is. Watching these guys speak is painful.

For once patrick crayton was the one guy withe common sense.

What did Crayton say?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Coy;2394685 said:
What did Crayton say?

they were trying to get him to agree that dallas played shorthanded.

He got mad and said you either want it or you dont it and when the other guy wants it more he goes and takes it.

and he said playing shorthanded is 10 vs 11 and he repeatedly said we had 11. We just got whipped.

Crayton, of all people being one of the few honest players.

and it says alot that only rookies are talking on the post game show.

Coy

Reaction score
theebs;2394694 said:
they were trying to get him to agree that dallas played shorthanded.

He got mad and said you either want it or you dont it and when the other guy wants it more he goes and takes it.

and he said playing shorthanded is 10 vs 11 and he repeatedly said we had 11. We just got whipped.

Crayton, of all people being one of the few honest players.

and it says alot that only rookies are talking on the post game show.

Thanks Theebs, by the way, great answers by Crayton