Can we add Center to our list of Off-Season needs?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
^ meant to say list of Off-Season needs

Gurode seems like a space cadet out there. Last year, he cost us a game when he couldn't figure out how to snap in the shotgun. Yesterday he looked like he was high.

Wouldn't snap the ball to Romo on time.

Standing there while the ball was at his feet.

Romo always having to tell him to hurry up and actually shoved him down into his stance. Then Gurode snapped the ball like a rocket and we were out of field goal position.

There were many things wrong yesterday but is anyone else sick of Gurode?

Also, I almost think Jerry must make a trade now. If nothing else but to bring some excitement and positive news to the Cowboys cuz right now we need it.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
You would have to spend a high round pick to have a chance to replace Gurode. I personally feel we have more needs elsewhere than at Center. Gurode plays pretty good but once in awhile he screws up. If you examine other centers around the league they have screw ups too. I prefer drafting a guard than a center. I would hate to see a repeat of another Al Johnson.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2334379 said:

Gurode seems like a space cadet out there. Last year, he cost us a game when he couldn't figure out how to snap in the shotgun. Yesterday he looked like he was high.

Romo always having to tell him to hurry up and actually shoved him down into his stance. Then Gurode snapped the ball like a rocket and we were out of field goal position.

Also, I almost think Jerry must make a trade now. If nothing else but to bring some excitement and positive news to the Cowboys cuz right now we need it.
Here we go again,,, Gurode saw the ball a little late, he's not the fastest at diving on the ground for a fumble. but Gurode is alot better than 75% of the C in the NFL and now u want to replace him, lol..............To many trolls on this forum............

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score

no, it isnt a need

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'm hardly a troll.

I apologize for voicing my opinion that I think Gurode isn't getting the job done.

I guess I can only post opinions that agree with your own so please tell me which ones are acceptable...

a)Fire Wade
b)don't fire Wade
c)trade for Roy Williams
d) cut Bobby Carpenter

Come on now. I'll post my opinions and you can agree or disagree. You in turn, get to do the same.

Thanks, a Cowboy fan.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score

I think Gurode is good.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2334463 said:
I'm hardly a troll.

I apologize for voicing my opinion that I think Gurode isn't getting the job done.

I guess I can only post opinions that agree with your own so please tell me which ones are acceptable...

a)Fire Wade
b)don't fire Wade
c)trade for Roy Williams
d) cut Bobby Carpenter

Come on now. I'll post my opinions and you can agree or disagree. You in turn, get to do the same.

Thanks, a Cowboy fan.
Gurode is hardly the problem, of all the OL yesterday he played the best... Flo got beat constantly, Davis looked lost, Columbo was average to say the least, I don't remember who our LG was but actually our whole line was shady yesterday....... Why fire Wade, if anything I say we need a real OC, we have basically a rookie OC, who runs a vanilla offense, when we actually have a powerhouse offense....

Our line is getting beat to death, use a little Max protection, leave a TE and RB to protect a little, but no he wants 5 Recievers out to catch a pass.....

If anything our offense put up yards mainly due to Barber heck of a RAC and Crayton TD otherwise our O looked horrible............

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
How about we just blow the whole team up and start over? Let's at least start with cutting every player that made the pro bowl for us last year, like this Gurode character!

:rolleyes:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
More like it.

I'm not saying boot Gurode right now but he just seems off out there. I'm wondering if we should look at drafting a more capable center. I feel like Gurode gets in these funks where he is gawd awful. Plus, the center makes the line adjustments so I'm wondering if his decisions were a part of the line's issues yesterday.

Left guard was Cory Proctor. What is taking Montrae Holland so long? Seems like he should be in there.

I don't want Wade fired. My hope was that he take us as far as possible this year, retire, and Jason Garrett would get his shot.

I'm a little curious about Garrett's playcalling yesterday. Barber was the one steady for us and he is the reason we had a chance in at the game. I think the Arizona defense was already scared and on their heels. Why not give it to Barber a few times? I think that when we struggle Barber and Witten are usually the guys who make the routine play that keep us going.

Anyway, I'm not high on Gurode right now and if he continues to look and play like he did yesterday, I think we should consider someone more capable. I'll be rooting for him though. I want all 53 Cowboy players to go out and get the job done.