rkhaze

Reaction score
Do we clinch the division if both the giants and eagles loose, and we win

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
From CBS.Sportsline.com...

Dallas can clinch a playoff berth with:

a win and Philadelphia loss and Minnesota loss or tie and St. Louis loss or tie and San Francisco loss or tie and Atlanta loss

Just an FYI...

Philly @ Washington
Minnesota @ Detroit
Chicago @ St. Louis
Green Bay @ San Fran
Atlanta @ Tampa Bay

dwmyers

Reaction score
With 1 win for us and 1 loss for Philadelphia, if we were to lose our next 3 games and Philadelphia were to win all their remaining games, they would be 2-0 versus us and we would have identical 9-7 records.

So no. We need to win 2 and they need to lose one more.

David.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm fairly certain our "magic number" right now is 3 .. meaning if the Cowboys win 3 games, they clinch the division. Every time the Cowboys win, that number is lowered by one. Every time both the Eagles and Giants lose, that number is lowered by one.

That is for outright clinching the division and excludes the possible tie-breaker scenarios.

-Reality

Bryan8284

Reaction score
Even if the Giants and Eagles lose to make us up 3 with 3 to go, if we lose out and the Giants win out, they win the division based on division record. Eagles would inherently lose to the Giants if they win out, and vice versa, think we lose both breakers with a lose out.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Bryan8284;1211155 said:
Even if the Giants and Eagles lose to make us up 3 with 3 to go, if we lose out and the Giants win out, they win the division based on division record. Eagles would inherently lose to the Giants if they win out, and vice versa, think we lose both breakers with a lose out.

If Dallas were to lose out and still eeked their way into the playoffs, then I wouldn't like their chances in the post season. You have to go into the playoffs on a roll. Right now they are on that rolle. They may drop a game, but I think they go at least 3-1 in this final stretch. That will be good enough to win the division.

sago1

Reaction score
I don't even want to think about how many and which games are must wins for us. Too complicated. I'd rather just see us take it week by week and win them all NO/ATL/PHIL/DET). Hopefully SD knocks off Seattle and we've got the #2 seed. It's just that simple. No worried about #1 seed cause I just can't see Bears losing 3 out of their 4 remaining games but certainly believe they will lose at least 1. Maybe next year our team will learn in Sept & Oct that games within our division are bad things to lose. Memo to Cowboy players dated Sept 1, 2007: Under no conditions will this team lose any games to Giant/Skins or Eagles in 2007. If this is carried out, all players will have 1 extra day off. If we do lose any game to these teams, all players will appear Monday morning bright and early for extra physical conditioning.