Canes vs NC State

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
..I'm smelling upset here...Amato the old FSU guy has pounded Florida for recruits....he's got 27 of them on the roster including Bobby Washington (freshman) running back..Washington is flat out great...a kid out of Miami,he wanted the Canes and vice versa...but Miami screwed the admissions and Washington said see ya...I NEVER bet against the Canes..but I got this feeling....

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
ibis said:
..I'm smelling upset here...Amato the old FSU guy has pounded Florida for recruits....he's got 27 of them on the roster including Bobby Washington (freshman) running back..Washington is flat out great...a kid out of Miami,he wanted the Canes and vice versa...but Miami screwed the admissions and Washington said see ya...I NEVER bet against the Canes..but I got this feeling....

I cannot stand the University of Miami. Especially now that the BCS Polls are slobbering all over their knob and gift wrapping them a #2 ranking ahead of a much more complete Oklahoma team. I hope NC State wins and knocks Miami down somewhere in the bottom of the top 10 where they belong. :cool:

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
Fletch said:
I hope NC State wins and knocks Miami down somewhere in the bottom of the top 10 where they belong. :cool:

You're letting your hatred for The U blind your good judgement. Bottom of the Top 10? Right....

:rolleyes:

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
You're letting your hatred for The U blind your good judgement. Bottom of the Top 10? Right....

:rolleyes:

Hatred? That was a bit light on my part. How bout loathing? Yeah, that's better. Sorry Monte, but the Canes are overrated this year. There conference is not as competitive as the Big 12! You and I, along with the whole country knows this. The Canes just don't play anyone other than FSU. This is why Oklahoma is a much better, more balanced team and worthy of more recognition than this slap in the face by the BCS Poll. Miami is no more than a #8 or #9 team at best.

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
Fletch said:
Hatred? That was a bit light on my part. How bout loathing? Yeah, that's better. Sorry Monte, but the Canes are overrated this year. There conference is not as competitive as the Big 12! You and I, along with the whole country knows this. The Canes just don't play anyone other than FSU. This is why Oklahoma is a much better, more balanced team and worthy of more recognition than this slap in the face by the BCS Poll. Miami is no more than a #8 or #9 team at best.

Hey Fletch-I'm not arguing against Oklahoma or the Big 12. Oklahoma is ranked above UM in both polls as they should be. The BCS is always a little out of whack at the start. I've seen reports that if Oklahoma and Miami both run the table Miami doesn't have a chance to end up ahead of them. Miami's new conference is admittedly down some this year. Maryland and Va. Tech are not up to the level that they have been in the recent past although Virginia had seemed vastly improved until last week against FSU. To be honest though the Big 12 also doesn't seem to be as strong as usual. With that said UM no better than 8th or 9th? You're joking right? I'd love to see what 7 or 8 teams that you would rank above them. And please don't put Texas on that list. Until they can at least appear competitive against OU I can't seriously consider them.

PS- You're not one of those that are still upset about the '91 Cotton Bowl are you?

LatinG187

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Fletch said:
I cannot stand the University of Miami. Especially now that the BCS Polls are slobbering all over their knob and gift wrapping them a #2 ranking ahead of a much more complete Oklahoma team. I hope NC State wins and knocks Miami down somewhere in the bottom of the top 10 where they belong. :cool:

Well,it didn't happen tonight.Miami's 6-0. :D

GO CANES!!!

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
Fletch said:
...now Fletch,we did provide you with Michael,JJ and Steve Walsh... :)

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
Hey Fletch-I'm not arguing against Oklahoma or the Big 12. Oklahoma is ranked above UM in both polls as they should be. The BCS is always a little out of whack at the start. I've seen reports that if Oklahoma and Miami both run the table Miami doesn't have a chance to end up ahead of them. Miami's new conference is admittedly down some this year. Maryland and Va. Tech are not up to the level that they have been in the recent past although Virginia had seemed vastly improved until last week against FSU. To be honest though the Big 12 also doesn't seem to be as strong as usual. With that said UM no better than 8th or 9th? You're joking right? I'd love to see what 7 or 8 teams that you would rank above them. And please don't put Texas on that list. Until they can at least appear competitive against OU I can't seriously consider them.

PS- You're not one of those that are still upset about the '91 Cotton Bowl are you?
...he he he....deerfield beach...home of the world famous WHALE'S RIB restaurant....

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
LatinG187 said:
Well,it didn't happen tonight.Miami's 6-0. :D

GO CANES!!!
...that first half was a little dicey...Amato's got them looking like a mini Florida State....and what's with that chest...is he juicing at the same gym as Vince Mcmahn...

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Why does everyone think everyweek that the "upset" will always be against miami?

LatinG187

Reaction score
ibis said:
...that first half was a little dicey...Amato's got them looking like a mini Florida State....and what's with that chest...is he juicing at the same gym as Vince Mcmahn...

Yea,I thought "Here we go again" after Brock Berlin fumbled on the first offensive series,but he rally stepped it up.5 TDs for Brock,that's a helluva preformance.Let's see if he can keep this up.

LatinG187

Reaction score
RW31 said:
Why does everyone think everyweek that the "upset" will always be against miami?

Because Miami has a shaky QB who makes too many mistakes unlike USC and OU who both have QBs that are being metioned for the Heisman.That's just what I think is the reason.

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
LatinG187 said:
Because Miami has a shaky QB who makes too many mistakes unlike USC and OU who both have QBs that are being metioned for the Heisman.That's just what I think is the reason.
...Miami runs a pro-set and Berlin is best out of the gun...when FSU had Charlie Ward...Saint Bobby adjusted his Offense and put Ward in the gun all game long...the thing with Berlin,it can be painful to watch when he's inder center,he's a different quarterback when he's five yards back...

LatinG187

Reaction score
ibis said:
...Miami runs a pro-set and Berlin is best out of the gun...when FSU had Charlie Ward...Saint Bobby adjusted his Offense and put Ward in the gun all game long...the thing with Berlin,it can be painful to watch when he's inder center,he's a different quarterback when he's five yards back...

That is so tru.