Can't wait for the draft already.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Looking at the top 100 prospects, I want them all on the Dallas Cowboys!

So many legit players coming out.

Name a player that you think will fall out of the first round and will slip into the 40's range. ALA Rey Mauluga last year.

What player would you give a 2011 first round pick for if they did fall into the early 2nd round?

I think Brandon Spikes is this years "Rey". I could see him tumble since there is so much talent in this years draft.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I wouldn't trade a 2011 #1 for him, but if Ricky Sapp falls to the middle of the 2nd, I'd seriously consider moving up for him. He'd be an OLB, but in a 3-4 you can never have enough pass rushers. He's big, 6-4, 248, with room to grow, runs a sub-4.6 forty and possesses exceptional quickness for a guy his size. Per nfldraftscout.com: NFL Comparison: DeMarcus Ware

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Yeah, I think we'll have a shot at Brandon Spikes, but I doubt we'll take a LB after taking Jason Williams with our 3rd rounder

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;3223221 said:
Yeah, I think we'll have a shot at Brandon Spikes, but I doubt we'll take a LB after taking Jason Williams with our 3rd rounder

I agree with you, but its a pick more for the future.

Maybe Brooking only has enough to play this year and next year. Spikes can take over in 2011 and Jason can be our Nickel LB.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
What do you guys think about Claude Wooten, the 6' 7" DE from Northwestern?, I heard the Steelers are interested, I know he was recovering from a injury last year, But he would really help our line, thoughts?

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3223708 said:
I agree with you, but its a pick more for the future.

Maybe Brooking only has enough to play this year and next year. Spikes can take over in 2011 and Jason can be our Nickel LB.

I ageee Slate - hes one guy who might figure in to our plans

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
This draft is absolutly loaded and there is going to be 1st round talent avaliable deep into the 2nd round and it's going to trickle down.

It's one of those years teams with multiple picks are really going to clean up.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
SDogo;3224184 said:
This draft is absolutly loaded and there is going to be 1st round talent avaliable deep into the 2nd round and it's going to trickle down.

It's one of those years teams with multiple picks are really going to clean up.

It may end up being the case, but every year at this time everyone believes that this draft is "loaded" and in alot of years, that turns out to not be the case.

I think it looks good for some positions, but downright terrible for some as well. If you need a franchise QB, this aint the draft. If you need a bigtime RB, it doesnt look like your draft. There arnt many top flight WR or TE talents.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;3224199 said:
It may end up being the case, but every year at this time everyone believes that this draft is "loaded" and in alot of years, that turns out to not be the case.

I think it looks good for some positions, but downright terrible for some as well. If you need a franchise QB, this aint the draft. If you need a bigtime RB, it doesnt look like your draft. There arnt many top flight WR or TE talents.

Ya but luckily for us there's a ton of DT's and OL this year.

SDogo

Reaction score
dbair1967;3224199 said:

You forgot what could possibly be the weakest area of this draft which is ILB.

The Realist

Reaction score
dbair1967;3224199 said:

Fortunately for us we don't need QB, RB, TE or WR.

Bodes well that as though positions go off the board our targets will fall down.

I for one never thought this would be the mother of all drafts with a ton of underclassmen coming out because of the potential for a rookie wage cap. Looks like it's shaping up just as I thought.

SDogo

Reaction score
The Realist;3226404 said:
Fortunately for us we don't need QB, RB, TE or WR.

Bodes well that as though positions go off the board our targets will fall down.

I for one never thought this would be the mother of all drafts with a ton of underclassmen coming out because of the potential for a rookie wage cap. Looks like it's shaping up just as I thought.

I'm actually rather impressed with the way this years WR class is shaping up. Best value will be in rounds 3-5.

The Realist

Reaction score
Best rounds for us for WR's have been 7-UDFA.

I'll keep on adding those and grooming them up.

WR coming in here is hoping to latch on as #5 and compete with Ogletree for #4.

Pass

ghst187

Reaction score
spikes is good but a punk, philly needs lbs, seems like a great fit.*