Can't wait until Sunday night!

Gus

Reaction score
I gotta tell you guys, I think I'm over the edge here: I cancelled a date with a really great woman tomorrow night because I just can't imagine missing the game Sunday night! I know, I may sound crazy but I know that there is no way I'm gonna be able to be out tomorrow night NOT watching this game--my mind will be distracted. I guess I sound insane but I just have too much invested in my 'boys: I've seen them in Miami and Dallas this year and I'm a season ticket holder as well--and I live near Philly! Just had to get all that off my chest!

On another note: the town here is up-in-arms with the Andy Reid/sons situation. I'm telling you this: if the Eagles lose tomorrow night, it's the beginning of the end for McNabb, Reid, and the way we know the Eagles as a team. Remember when the 49er's beat us in San Fran with 'The Catch' and we went downhill from there? Well, this game tomorrow night is a franchise-changer, believe me.

EndGame

Reaction score
Gus;1741556 said:
I gotta tell you guys, I think I'm over the edge here: I cancelled a date with a really great woman tomorrow night because I just can't imagine missing the game Sunday night! I know, I may sound crazy but I know that there is no way I'm gonna be able to be out tomorrow night NOT watching this game--my mind will be distracted. I guess I sound insane but I just have too much invested in my 'boys: I've seen them in Miami and Dallas this year and I'm a season ticket holder as well--and I live near Philly! Just had to get all that off my chest!

On another note: the town here is up-in-arms with the Andy Reid/sons situation. I'm telling you this: if the Eagles lose tomorrow night, it's the beginning of the end for McNabb, Reid, and the way we know the Eagles as a team. Remember when the 49er's beat us in San Fran with 'The Catch' and we went downhill from there? Well, this game tomorrow night is a franchise-changer, believe me.
The big question is -- why did you make the date in the first place? The BIGGER question is -- would you have gotten lucky?

Gus

Reaction score
Well, I bought tickets to a concert awhile back and I didn't figure-in the Sunday night gametime. No, wouldn't have gotten lucky--and even if, at the end of the evening there was the possiblilty of that happening, I would be trying to rush home to catch the end of the game. Yeah I know, sounds hard to believe!

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
I can't wait for Sunday night because at that time the Pats/Colts game will be over, along with the incessant, hyper-saturation coverage of the game by NFLN and everyone else. You'd think that it was the Super Bowl.

:puke:

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Gus;1741556 said:

hey man, just invite her out to a sportsbar and watch the game together. thats what i would do, with a boys win, you might get lucky twice. :suxiggle:

Gus

Reaction score
One problem with that idea: I'll hafta be around the drunk Eagles fans: not high on my list of things to do!

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
If you live near Philly, then the real question is...."Is she an Eagles fan?" If that's the case, then dump her, and don't worry about it.

If she is not a Philly Fan then don't take her to the sports bar. You may not be able to reveal your identity as a Cowboys fan in a Philly sportsbar, and that would not go over well.

But what ever you do recruit her. The more Cowboys fans the better.:)

Gus

Reaction score
She's actually a Philly sports fan but not a rabid one--haven't seen her in ages and frankly I was on the fence as to go out with her Sunday or not--the game comes first in this case. I know you guys think I'm crazy but well, I had some 'fun' last night which will tide me over for awhile anyway. And of course, who am I fooling: if that wasn't the case I'd be out tomorrow night in a heartbeat with this chick! Ah, to be single! Anyway, back to football talk!

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
Ah, to be single!

Ya, but single in Philly? I heard the people there are hideous. I think it was a poll that resulted in a number one ranking as "The ugliest people in America".

Gus

Reaction score
Who knows about that? Anyway, I live outside the city and the folks here aint that bad! Believe me though, these fans here will be tailgating from early tomorrow morning and will be lubed-up and ready to go! I'm wondering if anyone here is going to the game? You have my blessings if you do!

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Gus;1741605 said:
I cancelled a date with a really great woman tomorrow night because I just can't imagine missing the game Sunday night!
What excuse did you made up to cancel the date?

Gus

Reaction score
I just shot her an email telling her I'm not gonna be able to make the concert and apologized. Haven't heard from her and I'm sure she isn't pleased but guess what--I'll be watching the Cowboys tomorrow and that's the name of that tune!

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Gus;1741787 said:
I just shot her an email telling her I'm not gonna be able to make the concert and apologized. Haven't heard from her and I'm sure she isn't pleased but guess what--I'll be watching the Cowboys tomorrow and that's the name of that tune!
We demand a pic of this date. :D

Gus

Reaction score
Well, there really isn't gonna be a 'date' as of this writing!