Cant we package and get more? Good or bad?

tcwalbor

Reaction score
well, im new to the forum and was just wondering, how come we dont just package our first rounds and also our later picks, the 2nd day picks, and try and get as many 2nd and 3rd round pics as possible, the draft is deep, get as many in the 2nd and if u miss with 1 rb maybe you struck gold with the other.

just my thoughts..lol i rather just have more 2nd n 3rd rounders and call it a draft. ha

God bless,
Trev

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
tcwalbor;2004296 said:
well, im new to the forum and was just wondering, how come we dont just package our first rounds and also our later picks, the 2nd day picks, and try and get as many 2nd and 3rd round pics as possible, the draft is deep, get as many in the 2nd and if u miss with 1 rb maybe you struck gold with the other.

just my thoughts..lol i rather just have more 2nd n 3rd rounders and call it a draft. ha

God bless,
Trev

It's been discussed.

I believe that this team is too close, we need big impact players where you're more likely to find them (early in the draft) than to try and add 10 new players to a roster with not many starting spots to be had.

We've been rebuilding for the last what, decade? I think it's time we moved on past the rebuilding stage.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tcwalbor;2004296 said:

God bless,
Trev
:welcome: to the board!

Your ideas do have some merit. As you likely suspect, similiar ideas have been well discussed lately. The only certainty in any draft is the Jerry Jones factor. Who knows what he will do.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Welcome. While I agree that there is some merit to trying to add some extra 2nds and 3rds I don't know how much we're going to give up in the earlier part of the draft to do so. I could see us, easily, trading down out of the 28 spot to pick up an extra 2.