Cap? After Murray. Could we have signed?

coult44

Reaction score
Could we have signed Murray for the same deal as the Eagles, if we would have passed up on
Rivers, White, Gachkar, Brinkley, McFadden, and Collins?

Help me out her please!!!!

Jenky

Reaction score
Could we have signed Murray for the same deal as the Eagles, if we would have passed up on

Yes, we could have signed Murray and matched the eagles, regardless of those contracts.

Bowdown27

Reaction score

We could have signed Suh if we really wanted too. We could have had over 30 million in cap space but they weren't budging with MURRAY. Pay cut for car. Romo restructure etc. I'm glad w MURRAY. I want a guy from the draft to pair w mcfadden. That packers game still haunts me not cuz of Dez but the fumble from MURRAY

coult44

Reaction score
Some kids play with Legos, some kids stare at the wall and eat the paint chips they scrape off with their forehead.

And some fans love to be average. Apparently you are either one of those, or one of the 16 year old Madden freak fans who have never experienced a good Cowboys franchise.

Plug this trade into your PS3. Since you don't seem to be able to get the intention of the OP. All of those scrubs, (with the exception of DMC, who's is a little better than that) for Murray. Even if we didn't want to pay that money to murray, we gave it to those 4th-5th tiered guys. None of whom will be on the team after next year.

Again, Say what you want about us not being able to understand not wanting to pay Murray, but what I really don't understand is you folks wanting to have these pathetic types on what WAS a championship caliber team!!!

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
And some fans love to be average. Apparently you are either one of those, or one of the 16 year old Madden freak fans who have never experienced a good Cowboys franchise.

Plug this trade into your PS3. Since you don't seem to be able to get the intention of the OP. All of those scrubs, (with the exception of DMC, who's is a little better than that) for Murray. Even if we didn't want to pay that money to murray, we gave it to those 4th-5th tiered guys. None of whom will be on the team after next year.

Again, Say what you want about us not being able to understand not wanting to pay Murray, but what I really don't understand is you folks wanting to have these pathetic types on what WAS a championship caliber team!!!

I don't love to be average.

I just understand the inner workings of the NFL and realize that A) teams need quality depth at bargain bin prices, and B) Murray is a RB who has stayed healthy in one season of his career, and when he was, he got ridden like a horse. He left a lot of yards on the field and simply isn't worth what we'd have needed to pay him to keep him.

I also have the patience that you apparently lack, as I'm not willing to lose my lid 5 days after the official start of the 2015 NFL year.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score

Also, I'm more of a Front Office Football 7 guy. Madden is obnoxious.

coult44

Reaction score
I don't love to be average.

I just understand the inner workings of the NFL and realize that A) teams need quality depth at bargain bin prices, and B) Murray is a RB who has stayed healthy in one season of his career, and when he was, he got ridden like a horse. He left a lot of yards on the field and simply isn't worth what we'd have needed to pay him to keep him.

I also have the patience that you apparently lack, as I'm not willing to lose my lid 5 days after the official start of the 2015 NFL year.

20 years is a very long time to be patient!!

Jenky

Reaction score

Coult, I actually agree with not paying Murray that much money. 6 Mill a year is what the Cowboys wanted to offer him and I wouldn't have budged from that number either, but only IF you decide to take that money else where and help the defensive side of the ball, which the Cowboys have failed to do.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but in light of what has recently happened, I'd probably be content with re-signing the guys we lost.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The cap hit this season wasn't the problem.

It was the 5 year commitment.

I won't get into all the facts & figures about backs going downhill quickly as they approach 30 because we've seen those repeatedly.

Offering a 27 year-old back, who's coming off a season of almost 500 touches a 5 year contract is simply goofy.