Captain Coakley

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Just heard on total access, that Dexter Coakley was made Captain of the Rams Defense......

Good Job Dex! :beer2:

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Way to go Dex! Much luck in St.Louis.... unless you play us.

If our 3-4 project fails, and St. Louis new defense succeeds, I guarantee you there will be several articles questioning our release of Coakley.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Way to go Dex! Much luck in St.Louis.... unless you play us.

If our 3-4 project fails, and St. Louis new defense succeeds, I guarantee you there will be several articles questioning our release of Coakley.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but you just dont pay 32 year old linebackers whose game is predicated on speed $4mil/year.

Coakley's played declined last year and playing behind Pickett and Lewis will help him but the FO made the right choice on this one.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Hindsight is always 20/20, but you just dont pay 32 year old linebackers whose game is predicated on speed $4mil/year.

Coakley's played declined last year and playing behind Pickett and Lewis will help him but the FO made the right choice on this one.

I agree. I didn't think the 3-4 suited him either. Just saying the folks in the press love to harp on about these types of things.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think everyone in here wishes him well. His game just didn't suit our new defense. I am not surprised by this move at all. I get several Rams games a year and look forward to seeing how he does there.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I hope Dex excells in the Rams defense. Always liked him. Like someone said above though, he can stink it up against us and I'll like that too.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I think the Rams got a real good linebacker.

I heard he will be playing the Strong Side which I think will be bad for Dex. I wish him luck. Funny the guy goes to a couple of Pro Bowls and all he ever heard was how he was going to get traded every offseason.

I feel a Dextor Coakley Appreciation Signature coming on.

- Mike G.

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
Awesome to hear,but I'm not suprised,Coak is a great football player!
I will always wish him well,he was one of my all time favorite Cowboys!

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I wish Dex well .....until he plays against us.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Q_the_man said:
Just heard on total access, that Dexter Coakley was made Captain of the Rams Defense......

Good Job Dex! :beer2:
Dexter Coakley=E.J. Smith

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Dex was Never great. He was average on an average defense. Rams way overpaid for him.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Dex is the man. He'll do we'll in St. Louis. He's also got a few more years left in him. I'm glad he is going to a team that needs him and should be competitive.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Don't knock Dex. I've seen him play a few times live. Two observations - He's smaller in person than he looks on TV. He's faster in person than he looks on TV. He truly flew around and hit people. I respected his time here - great player. Time to move on though.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
dmq said:
Dex was Never great. He was average on an average defense. .

Right, and that's exactly the reason why he went to 2 Pro Bowls.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
Dexter was a great cowboy who put it on the field every game...He always represented the star! Good luck Dex!!!!

Smith22

Reaction score
I appreciate all the guy did. While in his prime he was a solid player, but it was clearly time for both the Cowboys and Dex to move on.