Careful what you wish for

CalCBFan

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I like Romo, but a big part of his "success" is the fact that it was 1. Preseason; and 2. Nobody has any game film on him. After 6 or so starts, they will have said film and start ot track his tendencies and I doubt he will be as successful as the preseason may lead us to believe. If the wheels roll off, however, we absolutely must forego the dream of the POs and start Romo so he can be ready next year...

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
CalCBFan said:
Don't get me wrong. I like Romo, but a big part of his "success" is the fact that it was 1. Preseason; and 2. Nobody has any game film on him. After 6 or so starts, they will have said film and start ot track his tendencies and I doubt he will be as successful as the preseason may lead us to believe. If the wheels roll off, however, we absolutely must forego the dream of the POs and start Romo so he can be ready next year...

I agree...Romo may or may not be the real thing....but the question should not be whether Romo or Bledsoe...the question should be is Bledsoe good enough to take this team where they want to go...I've got my doubts and have had them for a while...If Bill has doubts than it is time to move on to the next

cowboys19

Reaction score
JMHO but ill always think Romo can suceed in this league untill proven wrong.

I just think he has the attributes that the good/Great QBs have.

Ill say this the biggest attribute a qb can have is pocket presence JMHO, and Romo has it.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Years and years of film on Bledsoe.

Tendancies are easily recognized with such a long history.

Jake0

Reaction score
The thing is, we already know what we have in Bledsoe and he is just not going to take us where we want to go. He would be decent on a team without playmakers at WR/TE but a max protect oline and a big bruiser back. After the last few times seeing bledsoe though really, even in that situation I'm not so sure his decision making would allow him to win there either eh... real negative on him at the moment. We have exactly the opposite of what would make Bledsoe a decent qb, all we do have that sorta cater to him are deep threats that let him chuck the ball deep.

With Romo he at least alleviates the end all be all counter to the current Dallas cowboys team, which is blitz Bledsoe and force him either out of the pocket or into a hurried throw (his hurried throws are freakin terrible every time) and that alone demolishes the entire offense. Bledsoe is not going to take us to the superbowl, we might beable to get to the playoffs with him but any decent playoff contender is going to game plan around Bledsoe and most likely win the game off of that alone.

If we let Romo go early, he'll play enough games throughout the whole season so that come playoff time he can possibly be ready. We got some easy games after the skins here, here's to hoping badsoe chokes up a storm against the skins (but we still win) and bringing in Romo over the bye week to get started against some of the easier teams... tenn/houston notably.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Years and years of film on Bledsoe.

Tendancies are easily recognized with such a long history.

If you watch 4 or so games on Bledsoe you know how to stop the guy. Blitz him. Sure he might get off some long balls, but as we saw today, he makes dumb decisions.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The only way we win with Bledsoe is to get up on teams fast. WE need to strike deep and often.. If we try to drag games out and put up points slowly and use all of the play clock, and we happen to fall behind, then the stress will catch up to Bledsoe, and

defenses will unload their DE's to rush the QB and blitz, and if they do this to us, Bledsoe will NOT be able to endure the hardship of having to scramble some, side step a little, and beat blitzes.