Carlos Rogers

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I know Bill has said he won't consider lock-down corners anymore due to the rule changes but this guy is a stud. 6'1, fast and a great tackler- i would take him at 11.

Reaction score
Teague31 said:
I know Bill has said he won't consider lock-down corners anymore due to the rule changes but this guy is a stud. 6'1, fast and a great tackler- i would take him at 11.

True, did you see how fast he came up to tackle Randal near the 5 yard line I think he is going to be a good CB in the NFL.

Silverstar

Reaction score
I'd think he would be a great fit and the kind of fiery player we need in the secondary.

Didn't he win the Thorpe award?

Hey, having 3 Thorpe award winners would be fine with me.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Teague31 said:

He's not a lock-down CB but he is a damn good football player.

IMO, overall he is about as good as ANY CB in the draft including Rolle.

Ken

Reaction score
i would have sworn that I saw in last nights game that he was a sophomore.

Is that true?

Sabu1

Reaction score
I love the Rogers kid! I was really hoping he would fly under the radar but at this point, it looks like everyone is gonna be on him. He would be a perfect compliment to Newman. However, I just don't see the Cowboys spending another #1 pick on the secondary. We are already spending top 10 pick money on two guys there and we have too many other holes like in the defensive front seven.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
SALADIN said:
He's not a lock-down CB but he is a damn good football player.

IMO, overall he is about as good as ANY CB in the draft including Rolle.
I haven't seen him play but he sounds like he could be a darn good FS if needed

Silverstar

Reaction score
Sabu1 said:
We are already spending top 10 pick money on two guys there and we have too many other holes like in the defensive front seven.

I'd rather pay Rogers top money for RCB, than an older FA who might have lost a step. Plus, Hunter is not going to be the same after the injury IMO.

Was Hunter the answer anyway?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Silverstar said:
I'd rather pay Rogers top money for RCB, than an older FA who might have lost a step. Plus, Hunter is not going to be the same after the injury IMO.

Was Hunter the answer anyway?
Hunters future is at safety

Silverstar

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Hunters future is at safety

He's never played safety.

He's only played RCB and the slot. I think the slot might be the best place for him actually. Keith Davis has a better chance to start at FS than Hunter IMO. Unless, you simply view Hunter as backup FS like ala Lynn Scott. If that's the case, you're still better off picking one in the later rounds, who's played the position his entire college career.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Sabu1 said:
I love the Rogers kid! I was really hoping he would fly under the radar but at this point, it looks like everyone is gonna be on him. He would be a perfect compliment to Newman. However, I just don't see the Cowboys spending another #1 pick on the secondary. We are already spending top 10 pick money on two guys there and we have too many other holes like in the defensive front seven.

Ditto. I've followed Auburn and Rogers is the best corner in college and should be the first one taken. He's faster than Rolle and just as punishing a tackler. He didn't get challenged that much because SEC teams knew how good he was.

I too was hoping he'd slide under the radar because I think we need to devote our first two picks to strenghtening the front seven on defense. But after that performance in the Sugar Bowl, I doubt he flies under the radar much longer.

I say he's a top 15 pick, maybe a top 10.

Despite the league changing the rules to favor wide receivers, good corner backs will always be needed, especially fast ones. Rogers is fast.