CarolinaCowPoke Draft 2.0

Reaction score
My Draft 2.0

Overall not much has changed. I guess I got some pet cats. But it’s clear I’ve been drinking some of BOB Sturm’s koolaide.

1st Fletcher Cox – DE/DT Miss. St
I didn’t think anything could sway me from Decastro but after reading about this kid and watching some clips on him… Boy is he a load! He is going to flat out wear people out. A true fourth quarter monster in the making. And he’s still growing?! Jump on the band wagon quick before we run out of room.

2nd Kevin Zeitler –G Wisconsin
I was torn here. Because I’m in the minority that thinks Ratcliffe’s best days are two years behind him. We need some new blood at NT but I have to hope that my first round selection takes some of the burden off this warrior because our O-line didn’t get much help in FA. That’s why I’m going with the Best guard left on the clock. Zeitler has been referred to a “Velcro” because once he gets his hands on you, your stuck. Extremely fast feet too. I think we plug him next to smith day one and never look back.

3rd Harrison Smith – SS Notre Dame NO CHANGE
Heck, Deon Sanders likes him and that’s good enough for me. This kid has good speed, range, and is a great technician. Let him sit behind Poole for most of the year learning Ryan’s scheme then we may have a long term answer at one of the Safety positions.

4th Phillp Blake – C Baylor
I know there are rumors that Bernadeau was brought in to play center but do you really want to go into the season with that unknown? Not with Costa playing behind him. I’m not sure why Blake is rated as a Fourth round player, but I’m glad for it This dude plays with an attitude! Great shot gun snapper too.

4th Brian Linthicum – TE Michigan State NO CHANGE
Has good size and has caught a lot of balls in his college career. Our wide receivers are built for the out routes and the long ball. Witten needs some help covering the middle of the field and that’s what this kid does.

5th Tank Carder – OLB Texas Christian NO CHANGE
I just like that his name is Tank. No seriously this boy can play and really loves the game. Lots of enthusiasm. I don’t know if he is ever going to be starter material but you got a good back up and Special teams player for sure.

6th Asa Jackson – CB Cal Poly NO CHANGE
Speed kills and he’s got oodles of it. Could be our slot corner down the road. Probably the second best punt returner behind Dez the day they issue him his number.

7th Devon Wylie – WR Fresno St
ACME Wes Welker Starter kit! That’s all you need to know about this kid. He is gonna catch a lot of footballs in this league. In three years when he has taken Austin’s spot on the roster, we'll all be wondering how he got this far down the draft.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Love those picks. Don't see Smith making it to the 3rd of Blake making it to the 4th. I think they each go a round higher.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like some of it.

1st Fletcher Cox – DE/DT Miss. St
I didn’t think anything could sway me from Decastro but after reading about this kid and watching some clips on him… Boy is he a load! He is going to flat out wear people out. A true fourth quarter monster in the making. And he’s still growing?! Jump on the band wagon quick before we run out of room.
If DeCastro if gone, then this is a good pick, IMO. For me it is DeCastro, Fletcher Cox or trade down. I'm curious if anybody else thinks Kendall Reyes is very similiar to Fletcher Cox.

2nd Kevin Zeitler –G Wisconsin
I was torn here. Because I’m in the minority that thinks Ratcliffe’s best days are two years behind him. We need some new blood at NT but I have to hope that my first round selection takes some of the burden off this warrior because our O-line didn’t get much help in FA. That’s why I’m going with the Best guard left on the clock. Zeitler has been referred to a “Velcro” because once he gets his hands on you, your stuck. Extremely fast feet too. I think we plug him next to smith day one and never look back.
Zeitler is a safe pick and should start in 2012; however, I don't see "fast feet" when I watch him. He appears athletically limited to me.

3rd Harrison Smith – SS Notre Dame NO CHANGE
Heck, Deon Sanders likes him and that’s good enough for me. This kid has good speed, range, and is a great technician. Let him sit behind Poole for most of the year learning Ryan’s scheme then we may have a long term answer at one of the Safety positions.
I don't think he falls to this pick.

4th Phillp Blake – C Baylor
I know there are rumors that Bernadeau was brought in to play center but do you really want to go into the season with that unknown? Not with Costa playing behind him. I’m not sure why Blake is rated as a Fourth round player, but I’m glad for it This dude plays with an attitude! Great shot gun snapper too.
Love this pick. I like Blake better than Ben Jones or Brewster and I would take Blake in the 4th over Konz in the 1st all day and twice on Sundays.

4th Brian Linthicum – TE Michigan State NO CHANGE
Has good size and has caught a lot of balls in his college career. Our wide receivers are built for the out routes and the long ball. Witten needs some help covering the middle of the field and that’s what this kid does.
Ok. I'm having a hard time sorting out the TEs this year relative to what the team needs (better blocker or better receiver).

5th Tank Carder – OLB Texas Christian NO CHANGE
I just like that his name is Tank. No seriously this boy can play and really loves the game. Lots of enthusiasm. I don’t know if he is ever going to be starter material but you got a good back up and Special teams player for sure.
I'm OK with this pick, but I really really prefer Miles Burris at ILB.

6th Asa Jackson – CB Cal Poly NO CHANGE
Speed kills and he’s got oodles of it. Could be our slot corner down the road. Probably the second best punt returner behind Dez the day they issue him his number.
Good pick here.

7th Devon Wylie – WR Fresno St
ACME Wes Welker Starter kit! That’s all you need to know about this kid. He is gonna catch a lot of footballs in this league. In three years when he has taken Austin’s spot on the roster, we'll all be wondering how he got this far down the draft.
I don't see any possibility that he is available here. CBS has him ranked as a 4th rounder and Bunting/NFP rank him as a 2nd/3rd rounder.