CB Ty Law said he expects the Jets to release him

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
CB Ty Law said he expects the Jets to release him.

The Chiefs could be interested. "I was supposed to be done, but I put 10 interceptions on they (butt)," Law boasted. "Is the (Super Bowl) window still open for the Chiefs? Can the offense still get it done? And can they afford me and Pat (Surtain)?"

Feb. 12 - 10:30 am et
Source: Kansas City Star

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
And some of you said he was done, I forgot about his 10 interceptions till I heard em mention it on the Pro Bowl. Still he is getting older but I see him playing another 5 years or more barring major injuries.

And the same talk about RAY Ray is going around also...

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
We dont need him, we already have product at CB, he would cost too much as well. We need to take care of our K,OL and FS matters before we go looking for playmakers.

Get longwell or Nedney or Vanderjagt first
Address the OL next
Get Chavous, or Hope next
Finally look for an offensive or defensive playmaker

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Reading that is all i need to see to know there is no way in hell I want Law on this team.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Thats what our secondary has been lacking. Leadership and a guy with Swagger. Thats Law - guy brings it every day.

I'll takk a football player like him all day every day. Funny how when Irvin, Sanders talked that way it was all ok.

Show me the Super Bowl Rings. Law has them and guess what - that was him in Hawaii starting for AFC. Wait - those were 10 interceptions!

FS - Ty Law and Dallas has a great ring to it. Ding, Ding.:lmao:

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I'd love a secondary of Law, Henry, Williams, and Newman. If we picked up Coleman too, we'd have an awesome secondary that would be safe guarded in case of injury.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Here we go again :banghead:

Here we go again? If we had Ty Law this year... we would have been in the playoffs... Probably would have been in the super bowl too...

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Nors said:
Thats what our secondary has been lacking. Leadership and a guy with Swagger. Thats Law - guy brings it every day.

I'll takk a football player like him all day every day. Funny how when Irvin, Sanders talked that way it was all ok.

Show me the Super Bowl Rings. Law has them and guess what - that was him in Hawaii starting for AFC. Wait - those were 10 interceptions!

FS - Ty Law and Dallas has a great ring to it. Ding, Ding.:lmao:

I like Ty Law. But a couple of things would have to happen there.

1. He would have to come in expecting to play FS.
2. He'd have to sign a couple year deal for the vet minimum with possible incentives.

I don't Know that Law would be willing to do both of those things. He still thinks he can play CB for several more years at elite cb $$. Not so sure that really makes him part of the plan for Dallas

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
Here we go again? If we had Ty Law this year... we would have been in the playoffs... Probably would have been in the super bowl too...

And your basis for this is?

He really helped the Jets to that marvelous 4-12 record :rolleyes:

Galian Beast

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
And your basis for this is?

He really helped the Jets to that marvelous 4-12 record :rolleyes:

Wow... you're comparing us with the Jets? :rolleyes:

Ty Law would have solidified our secondary that cost us numerous games, especially when Anthony Henry went down.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
Wow... you're comparing us with the Jets? :rolleyes:

Ty Law would have solidified our secondary that cost us numerous games, especially when Anthony Henry went down.

Which games might I ask are you speaking of?

Denver? Nope, kicker

Seattle? Nope, kicker

St. Louis? Nope, no one cared

Washington? Nope, everyone sucked

New York? Nope, O-Line

Oakland? Nope, poor goaline execution

Washington is the only game the could possibly be pinned on the secondary, however had Cortez made a chip shot, it would have never come to that.

Now, you were saying? :rolleyes:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Galian Beast said:

Bingo

Last 2 years we have been really poor play first at CB - 2004 and poor coverage at safety 2004/05.

Lets really address that!!!!!!! If we had Law this year in center field we go DEEP in playoffs if not Bowling for Steelers.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Law and 10 interceptions takes this team over the top.

Flat out we win Washington game with him on field in 4th quarter and we were in a boat load of close games that he would have made an impact.

That skin game would have put us in playoffs. instead our last game was meaningless.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
Nors said:
Law and 10 interceptions takes this team over the top.

Flat out we win Washington game with him on field in 4th quarter and we were in a boat load of close games that he would have made an impact.

That skin game would have put us in playoffs. instead our last game was meaningless.

How do you suppose BP handles the Poston issue along with the fact he's not a FS and won't accept FS money?

Serious question.

I'm guessing 10 INT's gets him 10-12 million SB.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I would love to have Law and I know half this board would have welcomed him. The problem is that he feels he deserves to be paid like a premier CB. Not FS and not at a Parcells discount; he wants the Benjamins.

Here's the issue that needs to be looked at. Often times when someone makes a high amount of interceptions it looks good on paper, yet you don't see blown coverages, missed tackles nor the scheme that they play.

That said, if Ty Law were to come in to play FS and for FS money, great, I will be kneeling next to Nors showing Law my love, but until that time, I could care less about this me-first player. :)

Now enough, no more talk about Law and his imaginary contracts with the Cowboys.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Galian Beast said:

why can Ty Law pass block? Otherwise thats BS