2 - Hall, DT, OSU
3 - Pratt, QB, Tulane
5 - Gore Jr., TB, Southern Miss
6 - Byrd, DE, USC
7 - Mitchell, LB, UConn

CBS Mock Draft

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Fans don’t seem to understand that the cap hits for the quarterbacks on the Cowboys roster is large. The money is also guaranteed. There is no way the Cowboys draft a quarterback unless they trade one first.

Carson

Reaction score
Why would you take Pratt over Sweat and Allen?????

Give me

JPJ
Cooper
Sweat or Allen

C, LB and DT upgraded.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Please no.

Powers-Johns would be solid, but I would hate every other pick.

Drafting Pratt in the 3rd round with this team's limited resources would be colossally stupid.
Not sure Hall would be a bad 3-tech pick, but he's going to play around 290, so unless he's constantly getting penetration to disrupt plays in the backfield, I'm not sure how much he would help with the run defense. I'm all for improving the 3-tech spot, though, and think it's less likely that we're going to draft another NT after spending a first on one last year, at least not until late in the draft.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Given the same scenario, I would take

1 DT Brian Murphy Jr. (despite loving JPJ -- would not be disappointed if he was the pick)

2 RB Jonathon Brooks (tempted to take C Beau Limmer here or WR Malachi Corley, but caved to one of our biggest needs)

3 C Hunter Nourzad or C Tanor Bortolini (because the centers are flying off the board, I would take either Nourzad or Bortolini and not risk it; if I would have known Sweat would be available, I would have been tempted to take JPJ in the first and Sweat here; need prevails again, but might could trade down a little and hope to get one of the two centers)

5 WR Ryan Flournoy (don't have a problem with the Gore pick, though, even if we already had taken a back)

6 DE Bo Richter (taking a shot at improving our pass rush depth, but he may end up at linebacker because of size)

7 DE Jalen Green (15.5 sacks last year, another shot at improving pass rush depth)

Maybe if I was able to trade down slightly in the third for an extra pick, I could have also taken an OT or CB

If I'd looked ahead on the picks, I probably would have taken:

1 C Jackson Powers-Johnson
2 RB Jonathon Brooks
3 DT T'Vondre Sweat
5 WR Ryan Flournoy
6 DE Bo Richter
7 DE Jalen Green

gimmesix

Reaction score
Given the same scenario, I would take

1 DT Brian Murphy Jr. (despite loving JPJ -- would not be disappointed if he was the pick)

2 RB Jonathon Brooks (tempted to take C Beau Limmer here or WR Malachi Corley, but caved to one of our biggest needs)

3 C Hunter Nourzad or C Tanor Bortolini (because the centers are flying off the board, I would take either Nourzad or Bortolini and not risk it; if I would have known Sweat would be available, I would have been tempted to take JPJ in the first and Sweat here; need prevails again, but might could trade down a little and hope to get one of the two centers)

5 WR Ryan Flournoy (don't have a problem with the Gore pick, though, even if we already had taken a back)

6 DE Bo Richter (taking a shot at improving our pass rush depth, but he may end up at linebacker because of size)

7 DE Jalen Green (15.5 sacks last year, another shot at improving pass rush depth)

Maybe if I was able to trade down slightly in the third for an extra pick, I could have also taken an OT or CB

If I'd looked ahead on the picks, I probably would have taken:

1 C Jackson Powers-Johnson
2 RB Jonathon Brooks
3 DT T'Vondre Sweat
5 WR Ryan Flournoy
6 DE Bo Richter
7 DE Jalen Green
With the extra pick I would get if I traded down in the third before taking Nourzad or Bortolini, I'd take OL Tylan Grable.

So my picks (without looking ahead) are:

1) DT Brian Murphy Jr., Texas

2) RB Johnathon Brooks, Texas

4) C Hunter Nourzad, Notre Dame (trade would be for a late third/early fourth and a sixth)

5) WR Ryan Flournoy, SE Missouri St.

6) OL Tylan Grable, UCF

6) DE/LB Bo Richter, Air Force

7) DE Jalen Green, James Madison

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Not sure Hall would be a bad 3-tech pick, but he's going to play around 290, so unless he's constantly getting penetration to disrupt plays in the backfield, I'm not sure how much he would help with the run defense. I'm all for improving the 3-tech spot, though, and think it's less likely that we're going to draft another NT after spending a first on one last year, at least not until late in the draft.
I'm not a fan of Hall. He's a knucklehead and that's a bad mix with the "culture" here.