The Duke
Reaction score
Week 3 Judgements: Romo rising, Steelers sturdy, Bolts buckle

8690.jpg
Sep. 24, 2007
By Clark Judge
CBSSports.com Senior Writer
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1. At the rate Tom Brady is going he won't break the NFL record for passer ratings; he'll obliterate it. Through three games Brady has completed 79.5 percent of his passes for 10 touchdowns, one interception and a passer rating of 141.8. The league record is 121.1, set by Peyton Manning in 2004. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]2. Yeah, it's time to start thinking long-term contract for Tony Romo. That performance against the Bears convinced me. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
img10368549.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]'Greatest Show on Turf' is a memory in St. Louis. Just ask QB Marc Bulger. (US Presswire) [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]3. There's a lot to like about the Pittsburgh Steelers, but nothing more than this: They haven't allowed a touchdown in the first half. In fact, the 49ers' two field goals marked the first time any opponent scored, period, on them in the first two quarters.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
4. Get ready for another week of Rex Grossman fighting for his career -- only this time I don't see how he makes it. A year ago the Bears could live with Rex Grossman's mistakes because they were 3-0 and dominating on defense; now, they're 1-2 and two games behind Green Bay in the division. Plus, they allowed more points against Dallas (35) than they did in their first four starts (29) of 2006.

5. Misery loves company, and Norv Turner has plenty of both in San Diego. While the Chargers struggle to score and LaDainian Tomlinson can't find daylight, it's the defense that's really come up short. Under new coordinator Ted Cottrell, the unit is down in nearly every category, and the envelope, please: Through three games in 2006, San Diego allowed 23 points and 553 yards and produced 11 sacks; through three games this season, it allowed 72 points, and 1,014 yards and produced seven sacks.

6. Kyle Boller bashers, listen up: All the guy's done is win three of the last four games in which he played. It could've been a clean sweep, but a bad call cost him a tying touchdown against Cincinnati in this year's season opener.

7. Nope, you don't want to play Kansas City's Damon Huard at home. With Sunday's win he's 10-0 there.

8. Randy Moss is having a monster season, but he's not the best wide receiver I've seen this year. Detroit's Roy Williams is. The guy's a load, with 315 yards receiving in his last two games.

9. Tomlinson has 130 yards rushing this season. He had five games with at least that many yards a year ago. But here's the most revealing number about the guy: His longest gain is 11 yards.

10. Lock of the week: New England to score 38 points against anyone. The Pats put up 38 in their opener, 38 last week and 38 on Sunday. So who's the next unlucky loser? Try Cincinnati, which surrenders an average of 32 per start.

11. This is how you know "The Greatest Show on Turf" is six feet under: Rams quarterback Marc Bulger completed 17 of 26 passes against Tampa Bay for 116 yards. Former Rams receiver Kevin Curtis had more yards receiving (132) in one quarter Sunday than the Rams did the entire game.

12. Maybe, just maybe, there's nothing extraordinary about New Orleans. Since the Saints' 5-1 start last year they're 6-8, including the playoffs.

13. I don't want to say we told you so, Miami, but rookie Ted Ginn Jr. is doing a whole lot of nothing as the ninth pick of the draft. One catch and averages of 7 yards per punt return and 22.6 on kickoffs won't take the heat off the Dolphins' brass. It was a bad pick then, and it's a bad pick now.

14. Since appearing in Super Bowl XXXVI the Rams are 41-42.

15. Put Tomlinson, Larry Johnson and Steven Jackson together, and what do you have? One rushing touchdown, that's what.

Just asking but ...

[SIZE=+1]•
Dan Marino or Brett Favre?
[SIZE=+1]•[/SIZE] Is it too early to vote in Randy Moss as Comeback Player of the Year?
[SIZE=+1]•[/SIZE] How do you think Marty Schottenheimer feels now?
[SIZE=+1]•[/SIZE] What was worse: The Lions' tackling or Philadelphia's throwback uniforms?
[SIZE=+1]•[/SIZE] Does Mike Shanahan get an assist for Oakland's game-saving timeout?

Five things I like

1. Yamon Figurs
2. Jason Garrett as a play caller
3. Pittsburgh as a playoff contender
4. The Cowboys' coverage units
5. Chad Pennington with emotion

Five things I don't

1. Scott Linehan's offense
2. Brian Westbrook's rib injury
3. Bernard Berrian's hands
4. Norv Turner's week
5. The loss of Defensive Rookie of the Year candidate Paul Posluszny

My top five

1. Indianapolis
2. New England
3. Pittsburgh
4. Dallas
5. Seattle

My bottom five

28. Minnesota
29. Buffalo
30. St. Louis
31. Miami
32. Atlanta
[/FONT][/SIZE]

DCfaninDC

Reaction score
I just want to know where is "BB Gun", how can he take all this positive stuff going around?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1667535 said:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]8. Randy Moss is having a monster season, but he's not the best wide receiver I've seen this year. Detroit's Roy Williams is. The guy's a load, with 315 yards receiving in his last two games.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]If Roy Williams had Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or (you guessed it) Tony Romo throwing him the ball, he could've racked up nearly 100 more receiving yards. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
10. Lock of the week: New England to score 38 points against anyone. The Pats put up 38 in their opener, 38 last week and 38 on Sunday. So who's the next unlucky loser? Try Cincinnati, which surrenders an average of 32 per start.
Way to go out on a limb there, since the Bengals allowed the Browns to put up 50+ on them. :rolleyes:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]My top five [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1. Indianapolis[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]2. New England[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]3. Pittsburgh[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]4. Dallas[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]5. Seattle[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]How the heck did Seattle break anyone's top five? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]My bottom five[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]28. Minnesota[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]29. Buffalo[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]30. St. Louis[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]31. Miami[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]32. Atlanta [/FONT]
Cleveland's going to surprise some people in this category.