CBS11 Babe Laufenberg: Witten Video...Tweet: Spencer's goal is 12 sacks

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
If he should not reach his goal, his punishment shall be Seppuku.

That'll learn that slacker.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
12 sacks would be fantastic. If he can get that, we are set. Because he is already very good in run support. And if he uses his athleticism to add 12 sacks to (hopefully) Ware's 20 or so, we'll be rolling. That still leaves Ratliff with a couple and maybe Bradie with a handful.

50 team sacks? 60?

BOOYAH

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Thats a lot of sacks.

I just hope he is consistently putting pressure on the QB.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
Curious as to how Spencer has looked in camp so far. Haven't heard his name mentioned.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
austintodallas;2861748 said:
Curious as to how Spencer has looked in camp so far. Haven't heard his name mentioned.

Spencer has looked quick.....strong and lot's of hustle.....he is a stud!

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
austintodallas;2861748 said:

It's Victor Butler getting the praise so far. Which is good, competition will be healthy for Spencer. Although I hope he IS doing his job and making plays, I'd rather not have to change my username. :laugh2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Ware has really spoiled us when I look at 12 sacks and think "that should be pretty easy."

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2861769 said:
Ware has really spoiled us when I look at 12 sacks and think "that should be pretty easy."
Just think Greg Ellis and maybe you'll come back to reality..

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cobra;2861744 said:
12 sacks would be fantastic. If he can get that, we are set. Because he is already very good in run support. And if he uses his athleticism to add 12 sacks to (hopefully) Ware's 20 or so, we'll be rolling. That still leaves Ratliff with a couple and maybe Bradie with a handful.

50 team sacks? 60?

BOOYAH
To those who do not know, Cobra here was the first guy on this forum to have manlove for Anthony Spencer and predict we would grab him.

That goal has to put a smile on your face man.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm rooting for him to get there but if he gets to anywhere near that I'll be pleased with him. Put that along with what D-Ware will be doing, his usual of course, and what Ratliff will bring up front and hopefully some more pressure for James, along with improved secondary play, and our Defense will be pretty darn stout.

Bizwah

Reaction score
theogt;2861769 said:

True.....but I still remember that we went like 10 years in between guys that could get us double-digit sacks. Tony Tolbert was the last guy to get double-digit sacks before Ware did.

He's making up for lost time.

I can remember having zero pass rush. Guys like Ellis or Ekuban would lead the team with 6.5 sacks. Last year we had a lot of guys over that number.

It's all due to Ware.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2861775 said:
Just think Greg Ellis and maybe you'll come back to reality..

Ellis had 12.5 in 2007 and he missed a few games to injury. This shouldn't be that difficult for Spencer.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
CATCH17;2861745 said:
Thats a lot of sacks.

I just hope he is consistently putting pressure on the QB.

Yup ...... Charles Haley only had 12 sacks once with the Cowboys.

But he had constant pressure.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
cobra;2861744 said:

50 team sacks? 60?

BOOYAH

I hope it's more than 50, we had 58 last year.

Ware had 20.0, Ellis & James each had 8.0, Ratliff had 7.5, Canty had 3.0, Henry & Burnett each had 2.0, Spencer had 1.5, and six others had one each.

I expect us to be over 60 as a team this season and for our forced turnovers to increase as well.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
THUMPER;2861880 said:
Ellis had 12.5 in 2007 and he missed a few games to injury. This shouldn't be that difficult for Spencer.
One year out of 11 with a career average of 7.

12 is an admirable goal, but if he got between 5-8 with consistent pressure, then I'll be happy.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2861751 said:
Spencer has looked quick.....strong and lot's of hustle.....he is a stud!

Sounds like he is 100 % healthy. That's the key with Spencer. If he can stay healthy he definitely is noticeable when on the field. He gets a good push off when the ball is snapped during games.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
theogt;2861769 said:

That was my first thought as well.