WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DENNIS, ANYONE?
Posted by CBS11

November 29,2008

---Who can blame every DALLAS COWBOY, that has been here awhile, if they get to feeling a little like SCROOGE all December long? Not because they may feel humbug-ish toward the holiday season...but rather...because they may get a visit or two from a ghost from December's past.

---On that note...do you realize the Cowboys have lost 10 of their last 14 games of the season...the last 4 seasons combined?

---And speaking of the holiday season...I watched one of my all-time favorite movies again last night...THE FAMILY MAN. (Cage, Leoni, Cheadle, Piven..etc) My wife rolls her eyes at me every year...because I just have to make time to watch it. I firmly believe this movie has a chance to replace ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE as the must-see feel-good holiday season movie.

---Official PUMPKIN PIE count...3 pieces since Thursday. I really hope I don't hit double digits before going back to work Monday. But, I might.

---Might as well toss MY opinion in on this...since everybody has one this week. No...OKLAHOMA CANNOT JUMP TEXAS in the BCS standings tomorrow. (assuming OU and Texas Tech win today). It is simple to me...leave Tech out of it...OU and Texas tie for the Big 12 South...Texas beat em. Done deal.

---Dallas Cowboys Tight End MARTELLUS BENNETT has scored a touchdown in three straight games. He told me on the Inside the Huddle T.V./radio show last week...if they threw him the ball in the red zone every game...he would score a touchdown every game.

---I had lunch with my PROM DATE from my Junior year of High School last week. We last visited at our ten year reunion...twenty years ago. Another classmate was there and actually took a picture of us...re-creating the pose we struck for our prom picture. Funny stuff. Not so funny that she made fun of my lime green tuxedo again. Hey...it was 1977!

---Better player at his position...all things considered...TONY ROMO or DEMARCUS WARE?

---For those of you can't help thinking the way that you do....I should probably mention that my wife...of nearly 25 years...also joined us for that lunch.

---PREDICTIONS...(you mean because you have been on such a roll Steve?) The only guarantee I will make on what is ahead for the Cowboys ...they will beat BALTIMORE. There is no way they will lose the final game...ever...at Texas Stadium. Utah will lose by 21 in a BCS bowl game. Ohio State will lose...again...to an SEC team.

---THUMBS UP Cowboys...Martellus Bennet...Bradie James...DeMarcus Ware...Tony Romo...Jason Witten...Montrae Holland...Jason Garrett...name one.

---THUMBS DOWN Cowboys...all punt returners all season long.

---For those of you who believe other teams from outside the BCS conferences should be allowed into the picture...why aren't you making a stronger case for Ball State? They are undefeated right? Oh...schedule not tough enough...you say? Oh...I see...pretty much the same argument some of us...so called "elitists" from power programs...make against Utah...and Boise State...and TCU.

---One of the things I am thankful for every year...two of my sisters live close enough to my DEAR OLD DAD...to cook for him and do the family thing with him every Thanksgiving day.

---HEAD ON A SWIVEL Cowboy fans...here comes December!

Steve Dennis
CBS11/TXA21 Sports

Comments ( 0 ) | ​TrackBacks ( 0 ) | ​Email | ​Permalink

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
FCBarca;2451200 said:
Terrible blog :p:

Seriously. If I wanted to ingest to obnoxious random thoughts I'd listen to the idiotic voices in my head.

This guy sucks.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Larry King started this "free association" trend in his USA Today columns. Sadly, he has imitators.