CeeDee Lamb contract projection

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So the first (real) 30m AAV WR. That probably is a deal they should make quickly because there are 2 other massive deals coming soon as well with Jefferson and Chase and the first one will be the cheapest.
If he has another great year he can ask for more right???

Adreme

Reaction score
If he signs it this offseason, they can play with his current base #.
If it's 4-yr 120 including the 17mil base he's owed this year that's a great deal.
Extension wise it's 30mil AAV, but total over the contract(5th year + 4 year extension) it's 24mil aav.
They aren’t going to make his cap this year bigger so that isn’t really a relevant way to look at it. If anything they would lower his cap hit this year and push more into future years.

Kwyn

Reaction score
You mean hold out next year?

I suppose it could happen but it’s really unlikely cause of the impacts to his pocket.

John813

Reaction score
They aren’t going to make his cap this year bigger so that isn’t really a relevant way to look at it. If anything they would lower his cap hit this year and push more into future years.
For sure.
If it was 4 year extension with 120mil total, was that factoring in the 17mil now or on top of that, either way they would reduce his cap hit for this year to basically vet min+signing bonus prorate+any other bonus.

I didn't realize there was a link at first and that's what the writer did, so I edited my post.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't imagine $75M guaranteed.

tenor.gif

conner01

Reaction score
So the first (real) 30m AAV WR. That probably is a deal they should make quickly because there are 2 other massive deals coming soon as well with Jefferson and Chase and the first one will be the cheapest.
Move fast or it might be more

Tussinman

Reaction score
If there is any player on this team that is deserving to make $30m/yr, its him

Pay him
Agreed. Still has 5th year option and then the first year of his extension will be cheap. By the time his large cap hit happens the salary cap will probably be close to 300 million.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I mean you might get a couple million more a year but probably not worth it to be honest. He would also have to threaten to hit free agency plus possibly deal with franchise tag so better to just deal with it now while still under contract.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You know they get you other ways, right? You are just making it up with property and sales tax. Ain't no free lunch.
Don't know where you live, but we have it pretty good in Texas.

Creeper

Reaction score
Man, that is a lot of money. But it is where we are now in the NFL. I have no idea where it ends.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Man, that is a lot of money. But it is where we are now in the NFL. I have no idea where it ends.
market will just be reset every, every time a player outplays the top player the bar goes up in money