Certain auto manufacturers are planning to do away with AM Radio

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
I listen to baseball on AM; I guess it will migrate to FM stations if this happens.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Not sure how much support the bill has but it will probably pass. Until there is an alternative way to make it easy to listen to the EBS other than AM Radio, this will continue.
The main reason now is - what happens when the power goes off?
Internet dies.
Battery powered cheap AM allows you to hear what is going on.

bb721

Reaction score
I almost never listen to AM or FM, I pretty much exclusively use SiriusXM. 90% of the time I have the NFL station on.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
No AM radio would be enough for me to not buy the car. I don't even listen to AM very much, but when you need it, you need it. If there's an emergency such as a tornado warning, I want to hear about it. That stuff is supposed to be on FM as well, but you can't get a good FM signal everywhere. I don't subscribe to satellite radio, but even if I did, I don't know that I trust that to work in severe weather like AM can.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I would say 90% of what I listen to on the radio is on the AM side of the dial.

Certain auto manufacturers are planning to do away with the AM band in their stock stereo system.

You will have to find links verifying this yourselves.

There is a reason they are trying to do away with AM radio.

I'm curious to know if anyone else listens to mainly AM .
If I listen to radio, only a.m. That doesn't mean the shows arw going away. Still other ways to get what you listen to.

triplets_93

Reaction score
There's very little musically that appeals to me on Radio. 98% of my music listening in my car is from digital files.