Chan Gailey

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Just curious, what makes you think Troy would be good at that job?

I don't think he'd make a good GM or scout, but that's not really what Elway does. I think he'd make a good team president, because he knows what it takes to win and doesn't have a problem holding people accountable. One thing that stands out was this story Troy told about calling his first SB as an announcer. Having played in and won a super bowl, he really wasn't that excited before or after the game. On some level, he misses the challenge and the competition that just isn't there in broadcasting.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
I don't think he'd make a good GM or scout, but that's not really what Elway does. I think he'd make a good team president, because he knows what it takes to win and doesn't have a problem holding people accountable. One thing that stands out was this story Troy told about calling his first SB as an announcer. Having played in and won a super bowl, he really wasn't that excited before or after the game. On some level, he misses the challenge and the competition that just isn't there in broadcasting.

Its hard to know how he would do but I wouldnt have a problem with it as long as he didnt bring Joe Buck with him. :D

CCBoy

Reaction score
Chan Gailey was not given but two seasons. Jerry realized later, that an incoming Head Coach needs a fair turnaround time. That usually is now three to four seasons...unless the owner just measures his own cash flows.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Chan Gailey was not given but two seasons. Jerry realized later, that an incoming Head Coach needs a fair turnaround time. That usually is now three to four seasons...unless the owner just measures his own cash flows.

Theres a whole bunch of people around here that wish Jerry would have only given Red 2 seasons.