Chase Daniel breaks down Dak

CWR

Reaction score
This was a good game to evaluate Dak and yield a positive evaluation. If they were to evaluate him after the Tampa playoff game he'd be the GOAT.

I like Dak, but it's the Jekyll and Hyde nature of his play that needs to be corrected.

In the playoffs he's got to be steady for 3 or 4 straight. I also put a lot of that on the team. Which is why it's imperative we find our run game. Any qb will have slumps and the run game helps to solve those.

Big D

Reaction score
This was a good game to evaluate Dak and yield a positive evaluation. If they were to evaluate him after the Tampa playoff game he'd be the GOAT.

I like Dak, but it's the Jekyll and Hyde nature of his play that needs to be corrected.

In the playoffs he's got to be steady for 3 or 4 straight. I also put a lot of that on the team. Which is why it's imperative we find our run game. Any qb will have slumps and the run game helps to solve those.
There is a direct correlation to daks Jekyll and Hyde play and the offensive lines performance.

Toro9

Reaction score

Yes. He's not quite as inconsistent as say, Rex Grossman was, but he's gonna have at least a few bad games. I really don't understand it because he can play like a top 5 QB.

Reactions: CWR

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Fans are going to be crying when he is gone and they are stuck with the Taylor Heinicke, Tyrod Taylor or Zach Wilson’s of the world.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes. He's not quite as inconsistent as say, Rex Grossman was, but he's gonna have at least a few bad games. I really don't understand it because he can play like a top 5 QB.
What is there to understand do you not read comprehend study all these videos and go back and break down the games not just what you thought you watched while you had a bunch of beer in you they literally correlates to how bad the offensive line the run game the coaching the game planning lots of parts of the team are broken those games as well you expect this man to put on a Cape if he's Superman and win games on his own when most other quarterbacks cannot either...

This will always be a team game it's the Ultimate Team sport too many moving pieces too many things that that if any one or two things get knocked out of whack especially in the trenches you lose we have not had a strong run game and a physical offensive line and quite some time against the 49ers the Rams in 2018 there's a lot to talk about in those games beside the quarterback you got that I mean how many times does someone have to say it the quarterback cannot do it alone against those teams you have to bring everybody everybody's gotta play at a higher level everybody on the team needs to step their game up and it's not happening...

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Vast majority of the time it's the defense coordinator outschemed the offense coordinator.

Reactions: CWR

blueblood70

Reaction score
There is a direct correlation to daks Jekyll and Hyde play and the offensive lines performance.
100% I don't see how fans would understand this Prescott the last two games was able to be dominant without a run game and with the physical offensive line being missing once again that's because it was the Rams and the chargers you cannot show up against the 49ers the lions or the Eagles people were gonna be seeing often probably in the regular season and postseason and show up without a run game in a physical offensive line we're losing in the trenches and everyone keeps blaming the quarterback it is obvious we have not had a strong run game against the Rams in the playoffs the 49ers in the playoffs and I could assume if we meet the Eagles in the playoffs you cannot show up and play that kind of football and expect to win and then go and blame your quarterback...
One-dimensional football will get you killed in this game and especially when the one dimension has an offensive line that can only block for two seconds... And you can see by that film breakdown a lot of it's mental mistakes people can blame Mike mccarthys design you can blame the offensive line coach for his coaching or whatever it is people keep saying the last three weeks and we keep seeing these videos I mean Terrence Steele on the first play of the game makes a huge mental mistake and then you have the other side edoga can't block Aaron Donald guys wide open you can't hit them because you can't block..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Vast majority of the time it's the defense coordinator outschemed the offense coordinator.
Dude if you actually watch the videos see the first video there are mental mistakes the plays are open if they were blocked correctly as I'm sure was called on the field weird it would have had even more success this is a problem with execution mental errors by players players getting beat physically but to say that we're constantly out schemed is ridiculous you watch how many players are open or gonna be open if our offensive line one can block for more than two seconds and two can open up some holes so we're not one-dimensional actually have a run game against some of these teams that's the problem it has always been a team game and it starts on both sides of the ball in the trenches and we are losing those games because of that it has less to do about game and more to do about execution..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Fans are going to be crying when he is gone and they are stuck with the Taylor Heinicke, Tyrod Taylor or Zach Wilson’s of the world.
:hammer: :popcorn: No you know what they'll do they'll blame the offensive line the run game and the coaches for bad quarterback play from those guys... Won't be honest about it when Prescott's back there but when he leaves there'll be excuses and blame to go around for the whole team to why we can't win with those guys....;)

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Exactly. and also to the players catching the ball and the scheme getting people open.

Football isn't a one position thing. Fergy making that tough catch gives this game a totally different narrative than if he had muffed it for an INT.
It isn't about consistency it is about fine margins.

Dak doesn't have that final Pat Mahomes like gear but those are first ballot Hall of Fame guys. He is still a plus player that will likely end his career with every QB Cowboys passing record and a win loss % higher than all but Staubach.

Fans are just simple people that blame the QB and head coach for everything.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dude if you actually watch the videos see the first video there are mental mistakes the plays are open if they were blocked correctly as I'm sure was called on the field weird it would have had even more success this is a problem with execution mental errors by players players getting beat physically but to say that we're constantly out schemed is ridiculous you watch how many players are open or gonna be open if our offensive line one can block for more than two seconds and two can open up some holes so we're not one-dimensional actually have a run game against some of these teams that's the problem it has always been a team game and it starts on both sides of the ball in the trenches and we are losing those games because of that it has less to do about game and more to do about execution..
Knowing how to break down what all are supposed to be doing and play alternatives helps a lot as well. That goes beyond just enjoying what appears a 'big' play when a play breaks down. Why and team directions are very important in watching team and progress both.

This upcoming game is the 2nd toughest on remaining schedule. Get back with us Sunday night!

GO COWBOYS! :starspin:

I WON'T be the one crying in his beer!!:popcorn:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Exactly. and also to the players catching the ball and the scheme getting people open.

Football isn't a one position thing. Fergy making that tough catch gives this game a totally different narrative than if he had muffed it for an INT.
It isn't about consistency it is about fine margins.

Dak doesn't have that final Pat Mahomes like gear but those are first ballot Hall of Fame guys. He is still a plus player that will likely end his career with every QB Cowboys passing record and a win loss % higher than all but Staubach.

Fans are just simple people that blame the QB and head coach for everything.
I'm happy as hell for this upcoming game. The Cowboys are ready for a real game. Let the best man standing have the praise... the Dallas Cowboys!

Let's go, finally!!:starspin::thumbup:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes but on the flip side, the line looks much better when Dak takes 3 steps and plants his feet and fires the ball, trusting his receivers vs. sitting back there not sure where to go with the ball.

Great break down.