Recap: Chat replay: SportsDay's Jon Machota answers Cowboys questions - 07/08/14

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jon Machota, Cowboys beat writer for SportsDayDFW.com, answered your questions about the team in a live chat at 11 a.m. Tuesday.

Click here to enjoy the chat on your tablet or mobile devices.

What number will Orlando McClain wear?
Tseanw

Not sure. He wore 55 in Oakland, so that would be my guess. Rookie LB Dontavis Sapp is wearing that number right now for the Cowboys.
Jon Machota

What is the new DC's philosophy? Can we expect to see a more aggressive Cowboy's defense?
VilleSide

Marinelli's philosophy isn't much different than Kiffin's. I know, just what you wanted to hear. The good news for Cowboys fans is that Marinelli will play more man coverage in the secondary and that plays to the strengths of Claiborne and Carr. Regardless of coordinator, though, this group is unproven and without it's three best players from a year ago. How much better do you honestly expect them to be? This team is Carmelo Anthony. There's plenty of offense to keep you interested but the defense isn't on the level with teams that make playoff runs.
Jon Machota

What is the weakest position group on the roster?
Scott

Whichever group it is, it's on defense. You could make an argument for the linebackers now that Sean Lee has been lost for the season. The corners certainly played like one of the team's worst groups last season. And the safety position can't be viewed as a strength. As of right now, I'd say linebackers are No. 1, followed by safeties and then corners.
Jon Machota

Give me your predictions on the starting Dine.
DAN

DeMarcus Lawrence, Terrell McClain, Henry Melton and Tyrone Crawford. That's a solid group that matches youth, experience and potential upside. I think Marinelli would be very pleased if those four win the starting jobs.
Jon Machota

Read the rest: http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...y-s-jon-machota-answers-cowboys-questions.ece

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Carmelo Anthony? Just stick to basketball if that's what you know.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know the question was the weakest position, and it's a no brainer that he said it's on Defense.
But I would say more "unknown" than weak. And that's for any position group as well as the entire Defense.
But to say, weak, that is subjective. But I get the point.