Check out Reggie Nelson tonight

NickZepp

Reaction score
I would like to see us go DE or OLB anyway. At the very least we need depth there. We have 1 DE/OLB with any good pass rush skill. D. Ware. Ellis make's 2 when healthy. We need atleast 2 or 3 more.

cowboys19

Reaction score
CATCH17;1302161 said:
You caught the holding on that guy too didnt you?

Nelson got held bigtime on that play.

TD should've never counted.

i dont think it was BIGTIME, but after he let go, Nelson and Ginn were running and Ginn pulled away from him. Then Nelson started to jog 20 yards down field, knowing no way in hell he was going to catch him

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
cowboys19;1302166 said:
i dont think it was BIGTIME, but after he let go, Nelson and Ginn were running and Ginn pulled away from him. Then Nelson started to jog 20 yards down field, knowing no way in hell he was going to catch him

Nelson couldn't catch him to begin with but he would've tackled him for sure on that play if not for the hold.

But a full speed Ted Ginn vs a guy who is held is no match.

The hold did effect the outcome of the play significantly though.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
pat watkins was the same kind of player in college. giant vertical, lightning fast. for some reason he dropped. i guess u really cant tell until they're actually in the nfl. nomore rookie FS. 1 name ken hamlin

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
LatinMind;1302177 said:
pat watkins was the same kind of player in college. giant vertical, lightning fast. for some reason he dropped. i guess u really cant tell until they're actually in the nfl. nomore rookie FS. 1 name ken hamlin

He has played 1 year... not even a full season.

I wouldnt judge too quickly.

We all saw what happened with Carp.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
smarta5150;1302179 said:
He has played 1 year... not even a full season.

I wouldnt judge too quickly.

We all saw what happened with Carp.

what are u talking about? i was just making a distinction between the two players play in college.

cowboys19

Reaction score
i will say this since im a FSU fan, while Pat Watkins was good in his time at FSU he is NOWHERE NEAR THE PLAYMAKER OR BALL HAWK Nelson is.

And thats coming from a FSU fan. That should tell everyone how good Reggie is.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
cowboys19;1302159 said:
I know Ginn is argubly the fastest WR in college, and Nelson is a FS but.............

Ginn smoked him like a turkey on that kickoff return:eek:

That said he is still my #1 safety

that's who we need

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
from what i seen I like Laron Landry better out of those two.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
the kid 05;1302598 said:

Even if you do like Landry better it doesn't take away the tremendous year Nelson had over him.

Landry is good dont get me wrong but Nelson was far superior to him this year.

That kid is a freak and I think when draft time comes around if he leaves he will end up being the 1st safety took.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
the kid 05;1302598 said:

I see them both quite a bit here in SEC country, and Nelson is the better player right now...Landry is a good player too but I think Nelson has better coverage ability and ball skills

David

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
smarta5150;1302010 said:
We dont need a FS.

*ducks*

Watkins will be our man... write it down.

I will vouch for the kid.

I hope he is the answer but it would be nice to have a few options, I dont think they can afford not to.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile;1301965 said:
I actually thought he played really well. He controlled the middle of the field deep and played the run well.

He looked like Roy, taking the bad angle for a tackle on the Pittman TD.......but, that was just one play to be fair....but it gave me a flashback