Check this out... from mind vision to canvas...

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
So....I had a vision in my mind for something like 30 years....I started with my fascination with CCR songs and the lyrical images of the swamps, bayous,etc...I have always wanted to get the vsion painted.

one day, I went to ebay to see if I could find something similar...and there was a guy selling water colors of haunted houses..seems that if you send him a pic of your house, he makes it into a haunted house painting...pretty cool stuff.

So, I emailed him...explained what I wanted....back and forth we went...he was close to understanding but not fully...so I emailed him telling him to go listen to the song "Born On A Bayou"...he had never heard of it...he's an oldster...even older than cbz :D

I never spoke to him directly...only via email.

Long story short...

http://www.hauntedstudio.com/tilted.htm

the "John" he refers to in his write up is me.

Best part of the story, I found out that although he now lives 2500 miles from me...he grew up about five minutes from where I now live.

Pretty cool stuff.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
So....I had a vision in my mind for something like 30 years....I started with my fascination with CCR songs and the lyrical images of the swamps, bayous,etc...I have always wanted to get the vsion painted.

one day, I went to ebay to see if I could find something similar...and there was a guy selling water colors of haunted houses..seems that if you send him a pic of your house, he makes it into a haunted house painting...pretty cool stuff.

So, I emailed him...explained what I wanted....back and forth we went...he was close to understanding but not fully...so I emailed him telling him to go listen to the song "Born On A Bayou"...he had never heard of it...he's an oldster...even older than cbz :D

I never spoke to him directly...only via email.

Long story short...

http://www.hauntedstudio.com/tilted.htm

the "John" he refers to in his write up is me.

Best part of the story, I found out that although he now lives 2500 miles from me...he grew up about five minutes from where I now live.

Pretty cool stuff.

Juke, I'm speechless. Awesome.

:cool:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
BulletBob said:
Juke, I'm speechless. Awesome.

:cool:

Thanks

Yeah, I was speechless too...and the painting is huge...I've got it hanging upstairs outside the master bedroom...

Nice way to wake up in the AM

Rockybehri

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Thanks

Yeah, I was speechless too...and the painting is huge...I've got it hanging upstairs outside the master bedroom...

Nice way to wake up in the AM

Im totally happy for you, bro! That sounds amazing! You must have a un-wordable feeling when you look at it, eh?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Rockybehri said:
Im totally happy for you, bro! That sounds amazing! You must have a un-wordable feeling when you look at it, eh?

Yeah...that would be the best way to describe it....and the artist was SO cool...great guy. It was sent to me from Arizona...in this huge wooden box...when I looked at it for the first time, it was actually eerily weird...

There are some amazingly talented people floating around on this planet.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
VERY COOL.

Born on the Bayou eh....excellent.

That church reminds me of the church that was in the Jeepers Creepers movie a little.

Since you like Gibsons...and the idea of that painting with Born on the bayou in mind.....after playing that song...strap in and play Fogerty's Old man down the road and think how cool this new Gibson VooDoo is...

511135.jpg

Here is the description...pretty cool..

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...9096938/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/511135/

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
VERY COOL.

Born on the Bayou eh....excellent.

That church reminds me of the church that was in the Jeepers Creepers movie a little.

Since you like Gibsons...and the idea of that painting with Born on the bayou in mind.....after playing that song...strap in and play Fogerty's Old man down the road and think how cool this new Gibson VooDoo is...

511135.jpg

Here is the description...pretty cool..

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...9096938/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/511135/

OH MY...that guitar is KILLER...the description sounds great...I'll send you the bill.

:)

I have a Rickenbacker...if I put the pick up toggles sorta in between, I get that "Old Man Down The Road" sound...btw, I've seen Fogerty live about 7-8 times...if you can catch him, go for it...one of the best performers I've seen.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
OH MY...that guitar is KILLER...the description sounds great...I'll send you the bill.

:)

I have a Rickenbacker...if I put the pick up toggles sorta in between, I get that "Old Man Down The Road" sound...btw, I've seen Fogerty live about 7-8 times...if you can catch him, go for it...one of the best performers I've seen.
man, that looks tight. Is that your house ? or just a sample ? :eek:

NoDak Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Wow. That picture is awesome, Juke.

And I absolutely LOVE Creedence. The song "Born on the Bayou" immediately popped into my mind as I was reading your post.

You ever notice that when John Fogerty left CCR, alot of his songs sound alot like the ones CCR did. Especially "The old man down the road." Or whatever the actual name is.....

Maybe I'm showing my age a little, but I also love the Eagles, The Doors, Led Zepplin, Lynard Skynard, etc... Todays music doesn't even compare.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
NoDak Cowboy said:
Wow. That picture is awesome, Juke.

And I absolutely LOVE Creedence. The song "Born on the Bayou" immediately popped into my mind as I was reading your post.

You ever notice that when John Fogerty left CCR, alot of his songs sound alot like the ones CCR did. Especially "The old man down the road." Or whatever the actual name is.....

Maybe I'm showing my age a little, but I also love the Eagles, The Doors, Led Zepplin, Lynard Skynard, etc... Todays music doesn't even compare.

Actually, John Fogerty was sued for plagiarism on "Old Man Down the Road"...and the artist he stole the song from was? John Fogerty. He was sued (and lost) for stealing his own song. Now let's test your CCR knowledge....what song was it a "copy" of?

I agree about the other artists you mentioned...I was not Doors crazy...but I did see the Eagles a bunch of times...as well as Fogerty....

John Fogerty with a few words...a few licks on the guitar (and he's just an average guitarist)...could paint a picture that a MTV couldn't touch...that was the beauty...the imagery that was conjured up in one's mind while listening...

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Actually, John Fogerty was sued for plagiarism on "Old Man Down the Road"...and the artist he stole the song from was? John Fogerty. He was sued (and lost) for stealing his own song. Now let's test your CCR knowledge....what song was it a "copy" of?

Was there "a devil on the loose" in it?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Was there "a devil on the loose" in it?

Ah, you Ms Herm's, are a smart one. Yes that would be the song.

I've always LOVED the lyrics to that song:

Whoa, thought it was a nightmare,
Lord, it’s all so true,
They told me, don’t go walkin’ slow
’cause devil’s on the loose.

Chorus:
Better run through the jungle,
Woa, don’t look back to see.

Thought I heard a rumblin’
Callin’ to my name,
Two hundred million guns are loaded
Satan cries, take aim!

Chorus

Over on the mountain
Thunder Magic spoke,
Let the people know my wisdom,
Fill the land with smoke.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Don't know if you've ever spent time on a Bayou before but I gotta tell you that is an errie painting. The detail is tremendous and very authentic. ONly one small thing. That close to a Bayou they don't bury folks in the ground like that. They are in vaults above the ground. But the scene is great and I love the painting.