Choice and Coleman on field at same time?

Angus

Reaction score
What is the likelihood, if Barber can't play, that Garrett would play Choice and Coleman at the same time to keep the Steelers guessing?

There were some plays designed for Barber and Felix Jones to be on the field together, I understand. If Coleman's deficit is an inability to pick up blitzes, putting him out there alone might signal that it was a running play. But Choice is supposed to be pretty good at that, so he would be there to protect Romo in passing situations, and the Steeler defense would not know who was going to handle the ball.

Coleman is supposed to be faster than Felix Jones, I've heard.

:star:

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Angus;2463146 said:
What is the likelihood, if Barber can't play, that Garrett would play Choice and Coleman at the same time to keep the Steelers guessing?

Guessing at what? Once Romo hands the ball off, they'll have a pretty good idea who has it. :laugh2:

Why would having two RBs in the backfield be any more of a guessing game than having one RB in the backfield -- the defense still has to decipher if it's a run or a pass anyways. I've got a better idea -- let's get our best available 11 players on the field more often than not. That leaves Coleman out more often than not.