Video: Chris Carter on First Take: How Cooper can help the Cowboys

Blackthorn

Reaction score
I like that he has great fundamentals on his route running and gains separation based on this skill-set. Also like that he is not a boisterous diva that causes distractions.
Run the "Pistol" formation to create Speed & Punch. Then call it and run it.
I love it

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, a nice positive good thread. So far.
Keep it going.

But also as @waving monkey posted, a lot of work to do. But this is a positive start to get that work done.

Just need to sit back and see how it unfolds, how it grows.
See how he does and how he is used against the Titans. However, don't expect them to throw out some super great plays they designed up.
Those may not be put in until the Eagles game.

morasp

Reaction score
Wow, a nice positive good thread. So far.
Keep it going.

But also as @waving monkey posted, a lot of work to do. But this is a positive start to get that work done.

Just need to sit back and see how it unfolds, how it grows.
See how he does and how he is used against the Titans. However, don't expect them to throw out some super great plays they designed up.
Those may not be put in until the Eagles game.

I thought it was interesting because Carter has been pretty negative about the Cowboys before the trade and he obviously has some personal experience with Cooper.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I thought it was interesting because Carter has been pretty negative about the Cowboys before the trade and he obviously has some personal experience with Cooper.

Carter and I agree said before the season that our receivers were at the bottom of the league. What makes me mad was the Jones boys tried to sale us that it was a strength. We are not blind and could see before us what was going to happen.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yes sometimes he comes off as a hater, depending on a fans point of view, but he also tells it like it is. And will give props when due.

He backed Randy Gregory and supported him for his return to the NFL. Even wrote Goodell to do so.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
This is what I was thinking. Teams have been trying to stop the run and letting Dak and the receivers play. I think Cooper can get that extra separation and just expand the receiving core.

BigD_95

Reaction score
I dont mind Carter. Even when I disagree with him he is just a straight talker. Doesnt come across as a hater.

I said it before and I will say it again but I like the move getting Cooper. Maybe I will eat these words later and it will suck on opening draft night not having a pick. But I think we got a player.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He seems more like an AC Green or Julio Jones Blue Collar type WR and that's a welcome change.
That's what you get with Bama players. A lot of people don't like Saban but there is no college coach better at recruiting team players and building an environment for them to flourish. Prima donnas don't do well there and aren't welcome.

I wonder if Amari takes off and shows something if he's going to get that Marion Barber treatment because the media doesn't like those types of players. They talk more about the fact he's not talking. Booger is all about the media but doesn't demand that of his players and that's a real positive.

If he's what I think he can be, going to be interesting because these triplets are pretty quiet and the RB and WR don't like talking at all. They let their play speak for them.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
I dont mind Carter. Even when I disagree with him he is just a straight talker. Doesnt come across as a hater. I said it before and I will say it again but I like the move getting Cooper. Maybe I will eat these words later and it will suck on opening draft night not having a pick. But I think we got a player.
Trust me, It won't suck on draft night with pick 32.

morasp

Reaction score
That's what you get with Bama players. A lot of people don't like Saban but there is no college coach better at recruiting team players and building an environment for them to flourish. Prima donnas don't do well there and aren't welcome.

I wonder if Amari takes off and shows something if he's going to get that Marion Barber treatment because the media doesn't like those types of players. They talk more about the fact he's not talking. Booger is all about the media but doesn't demand that of his players and that's a real positive.

If he's what I think he can be, going to be interesting because these triplets are pretty quiet and the RB and WR don't like talking at all. They let their play speak for them.

Michael Irvin alluded to them being the new triplets in an article I saw. I hope it works out that way, if it does the draft pick for Cooper won't really matter.