Video: Chris Simms - Jerry Jones turning up pressure on Jason Garrett

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I like when he says "the days of lining up and doing what you do is over" It's about game planning and exploiting weaknesses. Oh and maybe use analytics like the rest of the NFL

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Outdated train of thought. The '90s team could line up and dominate with simplicity, but that doesn't work in this day and age.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I like when he says "the days of lining up and doing what you do is over" It's about game planning and exploiting weaknesses. Oh and maybe use analytics like the rest of the NFL

Garrett is that guy on the drag strip that has all the hotshot upgrades in his car, but no computer to tune them while everyone else does.

The idiot is stuck so far into the past that it should be a crime written into the United states constitution.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Our coaches "work hard but not smart".

Classic line.

Work ethic will only get you so far. At some point you need to know what you're doing, and after all these years Garrett still doesn't seem like he knows what he's doing.

Use the punt formation with no return man for case in point - Garrett had no idea what to do and panicked. It's not something you see each week, but at this level you must be prepared for anything at all times, and Garrett rarely is.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Garrett is that guy on the drag strip that has all the hotshot upgrades in his car, but no computer to tune them while everyone else does.

The idiot is stuck so far into the past that it should be a crime written into the United states constitution.

Garrett on the drag strip - you may have hit on the reason Jerry likes him so much.....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The pressure is turning up on Jerry to take action. But he’s not doing anything but mouthing off.

I can’t wait to see his list of incoming Puppets once Garrett walks away after this season. Lol

Beaker42

Reaction score
Too ******* late. We don’t care any more. This should’ve happened 5-6 years ago. I hope we get stuffed by the Bills like the Ravens did the Rams. Maybe then he’ll see the light but I doubt it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
we have to win out for JG to get extended. THAT AINT HAPPENING.

JeffInDC

Reaction score

Truer words have not been spoken all year! Jerry PLEASE watch this!

They couldn't have hit the mark any more perfect. EVERY DECISION that seems to be made is done out pure stubbornness. Been the same way for 10 years. Why did Linehan's offenses look so good Romo in '14 and Dak in '16, YET, look so dreadful after? They felt they didn't need to change anything. Same with the defenses - people see the tape and adjust. We all know teams that play Dallas have been saying the same ish for the entire duration of Garrett's stay here (ESPECIALLY about the offense).

Hardline

Reaction score
The only wrong thing Sims said was he would take Dak over Brady at this point .

And Chris Sims sucked as the QB for the Texas Longhorns.