Christopher Jason Witten

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Does any one know why he goes by Jason instead of Chris?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Witten

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Christopher Jason Witten[1] (born May 6, 1982 in Elizabethton, Tennessee) is an American football player who currently plays as a tight end for the Dallas Cowboys of the NFL. He played college football at the University of Tennessee. In his first of three years at the University of Tennessee, Witten went from being a defensive end prospect, to a record breaking tight end, due to a shortage at the position.[citation needed] He went on to post school records for receptions (39) and receiving yards (493).[citation needed]
As a child, he was a contestant on the Nickelodeon game show, Nickelodeon GUTS.[citation needed]

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2381905 said:
My family calls me by middle name so I would assume he either prefers it or that's what his mother wanted.

Me too. Family and people I grew up with all use my middle name too.

the kid 05

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2381905 said:
My family calls me by middle name so I would assume he either prefers it or that's what his mother wanted.

Lifetimeboyzfan;2381913 said:
Me too. Family and people I grew up with all use my middle name too.

ah well...that answers my question :D

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
I roll with my middle name too. Dad was big on my name had to be from the bible or something. My parents deal really.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Hahahahah I LOVE it! Jason Witten was on GUTS on Nickelodeon. I probably saw that episode too growing up.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2382071 said:
Hahahahah I LOVE it! Jason Witten was on GUTS on Nickelodeon. I probably saw that episode too growing up.

The locker room needs to get hold of that tape, haha.

Reaction score
Its a pretty common tradition in the south for a boy to go by his middle name.

Right after I was born we were living near my grandparents in Alabama, and apparently everyone started calling me by my middle name. Fortunately my older sis stopped it, and it never stuck. Thank God.

the kid 05

Reaction score
StillNothinNice;2382319 said:
Its a pretty common tradition in the south for a boy to go by his middle name.

Right after I was born we were living near my grandparents in Alabama, and apparently everyone started calling me by my middle name. Fortunately my older sis stopped it, and it never stuck. Thank God.

well i guess it makes some sense but what would do for me this is my full name no joke : Timothy Robert Eddy Barry (Eddy is my mothers maiden name and Barry is my Fathers last name and they were never married so I go by both or just Eddy)