Video: CJ Goodwin talks how Cowboys ST coach Bones Fassel impacts on, off field

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In a recent interview with Skywalker Steele, the DB took us inside the locker room with Dak Prescott speaking on what makes him a special player for the Cowboys. He also dives into special teams coach Bones Fassel and how he impacted that position group.

Aven8

Reaction score
I don’t care what anyone says, having Bones as the ST’s coach is awesome. I love aggressive coaches. They don’t always work but they are fun and at least we try. When was the last time ST’s felt like part of the team with JG?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I don’t care what anyone says, having Bones as the ST’s coach is awesome. I love aggressive coaches. They don’t always work but they are fun and at least we try. When was the last time ST’s felt like part of the team with JG?

Jason Garrett was promoted way before he was ready to be HC of anything. In fact what he really needed was another 5 - 8 years under a guy like Parcells.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. Bones is an innovator in the ST games. His approach to ST makes the game fun and tips the odds in the Cowboy's favor when otherwise it is 50/50.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Eh. Dude was caught with his pants down on multiple trick plays. If not for a few questionable penalties, his units give up at least 2 TD’s on truck plays and we would be screaming about how unprepared his unit was

fivetwos

Reaction score
Eh. Dude was caught with his pants down on multiple trick plays. If not for a few questionable penalties, his units give up at least 2 TD’s on truck plays and we would be screaming about how unprepared his unit was
Yeah I agree there.

I read somewhere he was in charge of calling those ridiculous fake punts, not MM.

I can't be a fan of someone simply because their predecessor was much worse

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Trick plays that failed aside, Fassel greatly improved the Cowboys' special teams. The return game was better than it's been in years; I know that much.