Twitter: Claiborne and McClain to practice/Malena to be waived

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@fishsports: Claiborne: 'I am expecting to practice today and I am looking forward to it.' #cowboys @1053thefan

@ddavison Morris Claiborne (sore right knee) intends to practice this afternoon. So does Rolando McClain, who declined to specify his injury. #Cowboys

"@toddarcher: Cowboys will waive/injured RB Ben Malena. Reverts to IR if not claimed."

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"@KavnerDC: Carr returned yesterday after his mother's passing, was at walkthru today. He was very appreciative of the team for its support throughout"

"@DMN_George: Jason Garrett said he anticipates rookie S Ahmad Dixon practicing today."

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I feel bad for Ben Malena. But hopefully we can put him on IR.

As for Ahmad Dixon, that was good to hear at the presser. I think he's got a spot on this team and will contribute.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Between Williams Dunbar and randle there just isn't much room for malena. Randle and Williams impressed me.

I think that also sews up the RB position, and I think we'll go long at RB. Ryan Williams looks very impressive, and Randle looks to have improved.

Dunbar is a favorite of the staff, too, and obviously there's Murray.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing Ro McClain get out there. I'm expecting some rust, but come game time v. SF, we should be able to see what he can do.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
I can't wait to see Ryan Williams behind this starting O-line. I think that man's on a mission.

This. I think he's bigger than Randle too. I'm not sure how good of a blocker he is. And does he have soft hands? I like how he runs though.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I think that also sews up the RB position, and I think we'll go long at RB. Ryan Williams looks very impressive, and Randle looks to have improved.

Dunbar is a favorite of the staff, too, and obviously there's Murray.

I would like to go 4 deep at RB as well. I think they can all contribute whether it be special teams or special packages.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
This. I think he's bigger than Randle too. I'm not sure how good of a blocker he is. And does he have soft hands? I like how he runs though.

Liked how he ran, but he did get beat in pass protection once, which led to a sack.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I would like to go 4 deep at RB as well. I think they can all contribute whether it be special teams or special packages.

Williams doesn't play special teams. Never has. It's one of biggest reasons he remains a long shot. A backup RB just has to play special teams. I'm not sure Randle does either. You definitely cannot keep two backup RBs that don't contribute on special teams.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Williams doesn't play special teams. Never has. It's one of biggest reasons he remains a long shot. A backup RB just has to play special teams. I'm not sure Randle does either. You definitely cannot keep two backup RBs that don't contribute on special teams.

Randle had a STs tackle. If they do keep a fourth they likely wouldn't activate one. Whoever is hurt or Williams.;)