Clearing the air about Cromartie and PT...

noletime95

Reaction score
As a SO, Cromartie played more than any CB at FSU, outside of B. Mcphadden who will be starting for the Steelers next year (2nd rd pick last year). Cromartie made all-acc as a "backup". The starter was a SR by the name of L. Smith-nice player but not on Cromartie's level. Cromartie, I believe, scored 4 TD's from the CB position as a SO and also won the MVP of the FSU UM game in a losing effort. FWIW, FSU wins that game if Cromartie doesn't go down with cramps in his hammy late. UM marched down the field and scored with Cro on the sideline to tie at 10.

My main concern is that knee. That's a big risk. ACL's are not the end of the world they once were, but concern me more with RB's and CB's than any other players. Cromartie could probably play FS (he's a big guy), but he's not the best tackler in the world yet. If he's there at 18 I think Dallas should consider him only if they are comfortable with Henry playing FS. But IF he's healthy-he will be a steal for somone. He's that goood.

I just wanted to pass along that info. folks don't typically make all conference as a backup-which Cromartie did. And Mickey Andrews (great coach) is notorious form starting SR's when maybe there is more talent behind them.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
noletime95 said:
As a SO, Cromartie played more than any CB at FSU, outside of B. Mcphadden who will be starting for the Steelers next year (2nd rd pick last year). Cromartie made all-acc as a "backup". The starter was a SR by the name of L. Smith-nice player but not on Cromartie's level. Cromartie, I believe, scored 4 TD's from the CB position as a SO and also won the MVP of the FSU UM game in a losing effort. FWIW, FSU wins that game if Cromartie doesn't go down with cramps in his hammy late. UM marched down the field and scored with Cro on the sideline to tie at 10.

My main concern is that knee. That's a big risk. ACL's are not the end of the world they once were, but concern me more with RB's and CB's than any other players. Cromartie could probably play FS (he's a big guy), but he's not the best tackler in the world yet. If he's there at 18 I think Dallas should consider him only if they are comfortable with Henry playing FS. But IF he's healthy-he will be a steal for somone. He's that goood.

I just wanted to pass along that info. folks don't typically make all conference as a backup-which Cromartie did. And Mickey Andrews (great coach) is notorious form starting SR's when maybe there is more talent behind them.

Very good post, eventhough it does have some Bias to it being that you're a nole fan. But it certainly isn't an insane amount of bias. Good info.

I really liked Cromartie since I watched him as a FR and SO. I even commented about him here last year before the draft, I wasn't sure if he was a SO for a RS-SO.

That said, that injury scares me, he isn't a good enough tackler to play FS, and there's no way he'd come in and play better then Henry as a Rookie. So moving Henry to FS would actually hurt us at the CB position (this year). Henry is a good CB. A very good CB. It makes no sense to move him to FS.

THAT said, I would love to draft Cromartie if he's there in the 2nd (highly unlikely) and let him learn as a backup for a year or two. If Henry is still playing at a high level at CB by then, then move Cromartie to FS (by then his tackling SHOULD be improved).

But no way do I take him in the first round.

noletime95

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I'm certainly biased, but I am a Cowboy fan and want Dallas to obtain good players. Obviously, I'd love for a couple of those to be Nole players, but that's not neccessary.

It all comes down to what the DR's think. The common thought appears to be Dallas is going LB. I actually have a hunch that Cromartie is gonna go top 15.

DiscipleofTuna

Reaction score
I see Cromartie as being better than Newman if the injury holds up and I think pretty highly of Newman. If you have read my posts, you know my feelings on "CRO":bow: