Cleveland Browns

CowboyMort

Reaction score
It is looking more and more like we will have around one of the 15-20 picks from Cleveland and of course the 32nd pick of our own. What do you college draft guru's think will be available around those picks? I am guessing a WR, RB, CB, possibly DT. Any thoughts?

cnhnyy

Reaction score
I am actually OK with a pick between 10-18. They are cheap and you can find good tealents as well. I think we have to draft a CB and a WR in first round (or trade for one). draft a fast RB in second round. The rest are BPA.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Actually, since the Pats lose their own pick this year, wouldn't we be drafting 31st, at worst (best)?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I dont think that Wade has the pieces he wants on defense... whether it be DB or S and maybe even differnt LB'ers. I dont think we can continue to blame scheme or Def Cord anymore.... its the players.

I would be ok with drafting two defensive players in first round... I would be ok with any of the following combo's

1. two DB's
  2. one DB and FS
  3. 1 DB and a LB
  4. 1 DB and a Pure DE
A WR in the 2nd round and signing a proven WR in FA.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Have to remember there will be only 31 first rd picks this year. Looks like we get around #12-15 for the Browns, baring a complete collapse by them. Even if they lose the rest, I doubt its a top 5.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
With Ferguson, Ratliff and now Tank, I don't think we are going DT. I would try to get (Phillips S, Jenkins CB, or King CB) with the first pick and Malcolm Kelly with the second #1. Then if DeSean Jackson is still on the board, maybe try and grab him in the second around. The only reason I figure someone would actually draft Jackson in the first round is if they were trying to draft the next Devin Hester. Or if your name is Cam Cameron. :laugh2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Looking at the WRs and CBs that are available between 10-20, I'd honestly rather be picking there than 1-10. McFadden would be nice, but I think Barber can get it done with 300 carries a season.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;1736385 said:
Looking at the WRs and CBs that are available between 10-20, I'd honestly rather be picking there than 1-10. McFadden would be nice, but I think Barber can get it done with 300 carries a season.

I agree. I think there is a lot of talent to be had between 10-31. There are two CBs, a safety, and a receiver that I like that could go after the 10th pick. If we can land two of those four I will be extremely excited.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
theogt;1736385 said:
I think we still are going to need to address the RB spot somewhere in the first two rounds. I think Barber can be a feature back, but I don't know if he can carry the full load.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
peplaw06;1736485 said:
I think we still are going to need to address the RB spot somewhere in the first two rounds. I think Barber can be a feature back, but I don't know if he can carry the full load.
You don't have to address it in the first two rounds to get a serviceable 3rd down back. Heck, that's all Barber was supposed to be and we got him in the 4th.

My pick: Tashard Choice in the 3rd. He's more than just a serviceable third down back, but his injury will push him back.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
theogt;1736488 said:
You don't have to address it in the first two rounds to get a serviceable 3rd down back. Heck, that's all Barber was supposed to be and we got him in the 4th.

My pick: Tashard Choice in the 3rd. He's more than just a serviceable third down back, but his injury will push him back.
I want more than a serviceable 3rd down back. I want someone who can come in and give MB3 a real breather. More of a change of change of pace guy I guess.

I haven't done a whole lot of couch "scouting" on the mid-teir RBs coming out. If Choice is indeed more than a serviceable 3rd down back, and we can get him in the 3rd, I'd be all for it.

We got lucky and hit on Barber. I'd rather not have to get lucky again, because it's such a crapshoot after the first few rounds.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
It seems more good runningbacks have come from the later rounds than in the early ones.

2004 - I would say undrafted Willie Parker has done more for his team than any of the other RBs taken (Jackson, Jones, Jones, Bell, etc.)

2005 - Barber and Gore have definately outperformed Benson, Cadillac and Ronnie Brown.

2006 - While Bush is electric, he is also a 3rd down back picked in the top 5. Maurice Jones-Drew (2nd) and Joseph Addai (Late 1st) appear to be the top backs in this class.

2007 - Adrian Peterson appears to be the real deal but it's still early and he hasn't gone over 100 the last 2 games, even with a switch at the QB position.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;1736488 said:
I like Tashard Choice too, but I think I like Michael Hart better. Choice can cut with more shapeness, but Hart has a lower center of gravity and runs with more power. I think he would be a better compliment to Barber.

Give me Justin King (CB Penn St) or Malcolm Jenkins (CB Ohio St) with the Browns pick, and Malcolm Kelly (WR, OU) with the Cowboys first pick and Michael Hart (RB Michigan) in the second around.

The only question I have about Hart is injuries. Of course Adrian Peterson had injury questions too, but I would have taken him second overall in last years draft behind Joe Thomas.

SMCowboy

Reaction score
What about Kansas CB Aqib Talib? I don't claim to follow enough college football to know which guys will be drafted where. But the talk is that he will be coming out this year as well and he is the best CB in the Big 12 by far.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
nyc;1736542 said:
I like Tashard Choice too, but I think I like Michael Hart better. Choice can cut with more shapeness, but Hart has a lower center of gravity and runs with more power. I think he would be a better compliment to Barber.

Give me Justin King (CB Penn St) or Malcolm Jenkins (CB Ohio St) with the Browns pick, and Malcolm Kelly (WR, OU) with the Cowboys first pick and Michael Hart (RB Michigan) in the second around.

The only question I have about Hart is injuries. Of course Adrian Peterson had injury questions too, but I would have taken him second overall in last years draft behind Joe Thomas.
I'm not a big Mike Hart fan. He's like a slightly better Darius Walker. Nothing special, but he's got good vision and balance.

With TC, I see the ability to be an elite (i.e., top 5-10) back in the NFL.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
burmafrd;1736362 said:
Have to remember there will be only 31 first rd picks this year. Looks like we get around #12-15 for the Browns, baring a complete collapse by them. Even if they lose the rest, I doubt its a top 5.
Why the heck will the Browns be picking in the 12-15 range? This is wishful thinking. They have a winning record and 6 of their last nine games are against patsies. 17-20 is more like it.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;1736362 said:
Have to remember there will be only 31 first rd picks this year.

Well, that's only true if the Patriots make the playoffs - let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Looks like we get around #12-15 for the Browns, baring a complete collapse by them. Even if they lose the rest, I doubt its a top 5.

Have to agree that #15 is about the best-case scenario. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out like the Bills pick did a few years ago (22, wasn't it?)

I'd like to see them take LB's with the two 1st-round picks and a TE with the 2nd-rou -- Hey Parcells! Get off of my computer!