CMT Goes Behind the Scenes w/the DC Cheerleaders

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CMT Goes Behind the Scenes of One of America's Most Beloved Institutions to Reveal What It Takes to Make the Team in 'DALLAS COWBOYS CHEERLEADERS: MAKING THE TEAM' Premiering November 2005 on CMT

Released by CMT
CMT Goes Behind the Scenes of One of America's Most Beloved Institutions to Reveal What It Takes to Make the Team in 'DALLAS COWBOYS CHEERLEADERS: MAKING THE TEAM' Premiering November 2005 on CMT

CMT Goes Behind the Scenes with Auditions and Continues Through a Grueling Three-Month Training Camp to the First Home Game in September

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., July 14 -- It takes a lot more than pom-poms and a winning smile to become a member of one of the nation's most iconic cheerleading teams in the world as CMT discovers in the two-hour special, DALLAS COWBOYS CHEERLEADERS: MAKING THE TEAM, premiering November 2005.

CMT cameras document the audition process as 1,000 women descend upon Texas Stadium for Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders open auditions. CMT cameras will capture the entire journey of the 2005-2006 squad from auditions, through training camp, all the way to the first home game, with unprecedented access for the two-hour CMT exclusive special DALLAS COWBOYS CHEERLEADERS, to premiere later this year.

"Through the years I have found that most people don't truly understand what it takes to be a cheerleader," says Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Director Kelli McGonagill Finglass. "This CMT special breaks through the mystique of the organization to reveal a group of women with extraordinary talent, sacrifice and diversity. I am proud for the nation to see how truly impressive the ladies are while always embracing a humble, hometown girl spirit."

With unlimited access, CMT's original special DALLAS COWBOYS CHEERLEADERS: MAKING THE TEAM will take viewers every step of the way, as the field of candidates is whittled down from more than 1,000 to just 38. CMT will go behind-the-scenes throughout the three audition phases -- preliminaries, semi- finals and finals. Then it's off with the 45 remaining candidates for a grueling three-month training camp to learn more than 50 song-and-dance routines for the upcoming football season. Ultimately 38 women will be selected for the 2005-2006 Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders squad, and CMT will be there as they perform at the first home game against their rivals, the Washington Commanders.

DALLAS COWBOYS CHEERLEADERS is a produced by Triage Entertainment. Executive producers are Kelli McGonagill Finglass, Stu Schreiberg, Stephen Kroopnick and Eugene Pack.

CMT, America's No. 1 country music network, carries original programming, specials, and live concerts and events, as well as a mix of videos by established country music artists and new cutting-edge acts, including world premiere exclusive videos. Founded March 6, 1983, CMT, owned and operated by MTV Networks, reaches more than 77.1 million households in the United States. Go to country music's biggest web site at http://www.CMT.com.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr.cgi?id=20050714cmt03

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
"Through the years I have found that most people don't truly understand what it takes to be a cheerleader," says Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Director Kelli McGonagill Finglass. "This CMT special breaks through the mystique of the organization to reveal a group of women with extraordinary talent, sacrifice and diversity. I am proud for the nation to see how truly impressive the ladies are while always embracing a humble, hometown girl spirit."

A few weeks ago for three evenings after Total Access, the NFL net ran a little series on the Miami Dolphin cheerleaders. Summer programming fodder. Did anyone catch it?

The head honcho lady was an ex-DC chrldr and chrldr captain. This still quite lovely woman made Bill Parcells sound like Mister Rogers. It was hilarious.

At one point a "veteran" cheerleader came in for the re-auditionings a few pound overweight. She was about the most adorable looking one of them all, but had a softness about the middle - not exactly a well defined waist.

The Cheerleader director took the girls' plump midriff personal. Just as Bill was personally offended by Willie Blade showing up looking like whale. There was a scene with Head Lady griping to her assistant (part of the show was about toughening up the asst so she would one day be able to "cut" girls w/o remorse) about how 'betrayed" and "insulted'' she felt that this girl had come in with the beginnings of love handles. How could she? She failed her team-mates wosre than Greg Ellis did. LOL

The other notable body issue was an African American gal who was a top dancer and sure looked the part, but she had too much booty. Not spread sidewise, but out..a real fine fanny, imo. I felt bad for her because it was not a weight issue within her control, but her genetic make-up. Head Lady was appalled by the tush...."Gawd! That behind!"

There was one guy on the team that selected the girls all thru the many brutal cuts..he LOVED the gal's backside...and kept voting for her to make it...but the women selectors had that typical flat-arse anorexic anglo mentality. Pity. Big bosums are fine, preferable in fact, but big booty is a no-no. I guess Jennifer Lopez is lucky if she never wanted to cheerlead.

I suspect had that girl made the squad, every male watching Phins games would have loved the big booty too.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought it was a rip off from the Hard Knocks TC w/the Cowboys, so I never watched it. Now I wished I had. Like you, I thought it was summer fluff. Plus who's interested in the Fins cheerleaders??

And something else interesting is that they're airing it in November. Why would they show something smack dab in the middle of football season??

Side note: Unfortunately an endowed booty can go unappreciated by the mass population.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
I thought it was a rip off from the Hard Knocks TC w/the Cowboys, so I never watched it. Now I wished I had. Like you, I thought it was summer fluff. Plus who's interested in the Fins cheerleaders??

And something else interesting is that they're airing it in November. Why would they show something smack dab in the middle of football season??

Side note: Unfortunately an endowed booty can go unappreciated by the mass population.
WG, if it comes on again, check it out..Phins cheerleaders or not, it had a couple of interesting sociological angles (and for the guys plenty of wiggle and jiggle).

One angle being how coldly and ruthlessly women are capable of judging other gal's bodies (and of course their own). There was a scene where the judges evaluated the girls bodies in swim suits and it was, uhh, pretty revealing how intra-gender perspectives "cut". I suppose it's the same with guys in a gym.

And the 'cultural' aspect...the head ladies were flat out threatened by this gal's derriere..they saw it as something overtly sexual but didn't view big chests at all the same way.

A new try-out with Dolly Parton sized girls who couldn't dance worth crap made the squad with no dissenting opinions, but the gal with the backside who could dance up a storm and was equally attractive didn't, and they admitted the Beyonce type cannister was why.

The girls would be performing in short shorts, not thongs, and the double D cups were going to be hanging out a LOT more than a neatly packaged but protruding rump, but they just didn't fancy that fanny. :D

Imo, ALL the girls who tried out were absolute flowers (as well as personable and educated)....I could never choose one over another because they were like a bouquet..just different types of blossums from lilies to gardenias. But then a narrow definition of beauty is something I can't fathom.