Coach Ditka

rkhaze

Reaction score
Every time i watch ESPN he says the cowboys are not tough and until they prove when they get punched, they have to punch back and he has yet to seen it.

Well I hope he was watching cause the Eagles got hit by a Hurricane not named Ike.

CalCBFan

Reaction score
I shudder to think what this team could accomplish under the guidance of a Coach like Ditka. His type isn't in the league anymore because they demand 110% on every play. He would have played for free, he loves the game that much! The beginning of the end for the Landry-era came when he left to coach the Bears. He probably wouldn't have half these guys on this team.
I LOVE Mike Ditka...

Reaction score
CalCBFan;2264375 said:
I shudder to think what this team could accomplish under the guidance of a Coach like Ditka. His type isn't in the league anymore because they demand 110% on every play. He would have played for free, he loves the game that much! The beginning of the end for the Landry-era came when he left to coach the Bears. He probably wouldn't have half these guys on this team.
I LOVE Mike Ditka...

Ditka would'nt have half the guys on this team because he's a moron. He can keep Ricky Williams and go to hell for all I care.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Ditka proves week in and week out on ESPN that he is an increasingly irrelevent remnant of the past.

His tenure with the Saints from 97-99 was pure comic gold.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I disagree any time I hear something like that. In 2006 Dallas went up to New York and beat the Giants. This was after the Giants slapped Dallas around at home and forced the QB change to Romo. In 2007, Dallas again went up to New York and beat them. They also went up to Philly and beat them on the road.

Dallas responds when they get punched. You don't go 13-3 without responding to what other teams do. They lost in the playoffs not because they didn't punch back. They just failed to execute in the second half of the game. It wasn't about fire or vocal leadership. It was about execution.

tnbk

Reaction score
SAT Question......

Mike Ditka is to credible as Ricky Williams is to...
a) future of the franchise
b) coach killer
c) bust
d) all of the above

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
I'm a huge Mike Ditka fan.

He's right. This team needs to get tougher, IMO.

Of course, I'm probably considered an "increasingly irrelevent remnant of the past," too.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Chief;2264643 said:

Of course, I'm probably considered an "increasingly irrelevent remnant of the past," too.
Are you a huge fan trading your entire draft for a bipolar running back?

Just wondering.

At this point in his career, Ditka's comments on Countdown are just useless knee-jerk blather.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Chief;2264643 said:

I used to love him but I don't believe him anymore after that fiasco on ESPN prior to the game. That was sooo phoney and orchestrated I've lost all respect.

He stood for honesty and toughness. He wilted to the money.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
rkhaze;2264325 said:
Every time i watch ESPN he says the cowboys are not tough and until they prove when they get punched, they have to punch back and he has yet to seen it.

Well I hope he was watching cause the Eagles got hit by a Hurricane not named Ike.

cowboys are soft

Chinfu

Reaction score
Weren't so damn soft last night, were they?

I like Ditka but all media are hot bags of air, IMO.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Ditka is one of the guys in the media who absolutely hates the cowboys so he will always root against us, maybe it's because Landry was dismissed by Jones.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
windward;2264675 said:
Are you a huge fan trading your entire draft for a bipolar running back?

Just wondering.

Nobody can defend that ... certainly not now.

But I still like the guy.

If you hate his guts, that's your perogative.