Coach Phillips on the radio tonight 8pm cst...

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
If you are interested, I was checking out what the Port Arthur News had to say about the new coach today and saw that Coach would be Bob West's sports show tonight at 8 PM I believe.

Here's the link: http://www.klvi.com/main.html

I guess I'll check it out via the Net. I might be able to pick up KLVI here in Tomball/NW Houston on the radio. FYI to all those who may be interested. He may talk a bit more at length because it's a hometown (well, Beaumont) station and it's hosted by a friend of his.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cool. Thanks. And if you can attempt a recap, that would be great.

Depending on how "on" I am on my 'puter. I may attempt one as well.

stardeep

Fading Into Abstraction
Reaction score
Your topic title kind of hit me. Coach Phillips. Sounds so new. It's like when there's a newly inaugurated president; at first their name with 'president' in front of it sounds a bit strange, but you know within a very short period of time it will be as familiar as the back of your hand. (There might be a Freudian slip in there.)

Godspeed 'Coach Phillips'.

The Realist

Reaction score
Hostile;1375388 said:
Has he heard about Marty?

Yes......no clue what's going on there.

Only interesting stuff is on his 3-4.

In BB/BP/Pitt 3-4 DE's line up head up on 300-340 OT's, hit them and then try to get to QB.

In his they slant inside, out or line up outside of OT and rush QB. More like a 4-3 DE.

Easier to find LB's in 3-4?

Not only that, in today's salary cap environment you can't keep those 3 or 4 4-3 DL together for long. When I was in Philly we had Reggie, Clyde Simmons, Jerome Brown. No way you can keep those defensive lineman together.

Would you bring in Ted Cottrell?

Not sure, but I'm going to be running the D so really don't have a need for a DC like Cottrell.

Inheriting coaches?
Tony Dungy kept the whole Indy staff intact and won a Super Bowl.

hendog

Reaction score
The Realist;1375392 said:

In BB/BP/Pitt 3-4 DE's line up head up on 300-340 OT's, hit them and then try to get to QB.

In his they slant inside, out or line up outside of OT and rush QB. More like a 4-3 DE.

Not only that, in today's salary cap environment you can't keep those 3 or 4 4-3 DL together for long. When I was in Philly we had Reggie, Clyde Simmons, Jerome Brown. No way you can keep those defensive lineman together.

Reggie, Clyde and Jerome. Now that crowd was a handful.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
hendog;1375395 said:
Reggie, Clyde and Jerome. Now that crowd was a handful.

Hard to belive that of that group only Clyde is still alive.

Real sad.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Not sure, but I'm going to be running the D so really don't have a need for a DC like Cottrell.

Inheriting coaches?

Two great lines.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score

Inheriting coaches?

This is the one thing I like about Phillips: that he has changed with the times. Parcells proved to be stuck back in time and really demonstrated how limited he is as a head coach. I'm not saying that Phillips is hall of fame material - not that Parcells is either - but with Phillips you get hte feeling that he'll take advantage of his players' strengths; unlike Parcells who believes in putting in a system of the coach's design and forcing players into it, whether or not they even fit into it (Roy willimas coming to mind, among many others).

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score

This is my favorite comment yet.

The man obviously knows how to run the 3-4.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
besides Seth Joyner, who were the other 3 LBs? I know I will be kicking myself for forgetting their names once you guys refresh my memory.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Biggems;1375493 said:
besides Seth Joyner, who were the other 3 LBs? I know I will be kicking myself for forgetting their names once you guys refresh my memory.

Byron Evans ?

dwmyers

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1375405 said:
Man those Eagles defenses were scary, I still can't believe they didn't win a Superbowl...

:laugh2:

Their offense was really that bad, that's why. It was, "Hope Cunningham can pull something out of his hat."

David.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Biggems;1375493 said:

you mean other two? they played a 4-3 defense

William Thomas was one of them for awhile...Byron Evans

David