Coaches will improve now that Parcells influence will disappear

khiladi

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1911330 said:
Nope, just looked at him all training camp and decided "This guy needs a bigger role".

And Wade had plenty of opportunities to get "faster" on defense. He could have benched Akin for Kevin Burnett. Could have benched Bradie James for Bobby Carpenter. Could have benched Marcus Spears for Jason Hatcher. He chose not to. Evidently, he didn't want to get faster and was pretty happy with the starters under Parcells.

And how did wade have plenty of oppurtunities to use his own type players, when the pot he was drawing from was BPs players.

That Aaron Glenn has sure worked out for the Jaguars, didn't it...

Bobby Carpenter was set on replacing Bradie, as stated by Wade. btu Bradie played lights out. You know why? Because he lost weight and changed the very style that he was playing with when Bill was here. Wade did start playing Burnett more in passing situations, if you had noticed, because hwas quicker.

khiladi

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1911346 said:
So now Tony Sparano is the reason we lost?

Bill Parcells' presence had nothing to do with how the season ended.

He was a big part of it... If Wade gets the blame for not having the team disciplined, than surely TS gets the blame for how the offensive line player. He coaches them. If JG gets the blame for the offensive play-calling, then TS should get the blame for how he can't get this offensive line disicplined...

Your right, BP isn't here... ironically, people are defending the BP coaches, not the other ones...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Here, mrjameswoods, you can use this:

NavyFlakVestOnHanger12x10.jpg

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
khiladi;1911348 said:
And how did wade have plenty of oppurtunities to use his own type players, when the pot he was drawing from was BPs players.

That Aaron Glenn has sure worked out for the Carolina Panthers, didn't it...

Bobby Carpenter was set on replacing Bradie, as stated by Wade. btu Bradie played lights out. You know why? Because he lost weight and changed the very style that he was playing with when Bill was here. Wade did start playing Burnett more in passing situations, if you had noticed, because hwas quicker.

What does how Aaron Glenn performed in Carolina have to do with his value when he played for Dallas?

Aaron Glenn was a solid player for us and was a very good acquisition by Bill Parcells.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
ddh33;1911336 said:
That's not completely fair, is it? Are you sure he didn't just look at Aaron Glenn and think that he was a guy who didn't have a place on this team? And by the way, he never had a place on the Jags either, unless you think highly of a fifth corner

He couldn't have been worse than Reeves, because anyone worse than Reeves doesn't play in the NFL. Aaron Glenn started four games games for the Jags, including a game changing play where he picked off a pass and ran it back for a TD. Add up all the game changing plays that Nate Jones and Jacques Reeves made combined and multiply it by 1,000,000,000,000 and it still doesn't add up to one.

khiladi

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1911356 said:
What does how Aaron Glenn performed in Carolina have to do with his value when he played for Dallas?

Aaron Glenn was a solid player for us and was a very good acquisition by Bill Parcells.

The point is:

There was a choice between Glenn and Reeves.

And considering Glenn did nothing this year, it is quite obvious his play also deteriorated. He was a fifth-stringer...

Who did Wade have to work with? Either way, Bill Parcells brought them both here...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I like Glenn but it was easy to see him getting pushed around by bigger WR during the pre-season and was well past his prime. With Newman missing a portion of the season and then Henry missing a portion of the season I felt Reeves did a decent job holding down the fort until both starters came back. No doubt Reeves struggled especially down the stretch but I'm not sure if Glenn would have been any better

ddh33

Reaction score
Reeves had a couple of moments earlier in the season, but he just kept getting picked on as the season wore on.

I really think that Wade saw his speed and some of his other abilities and thought he could do more with him. And as much as I like Aaron Glenn, I think he was done. The Jags seemed to think so as well because he wasn't helping them either for most of the year. He really only played in emergency.

Like Wade said, now he knows the team. I'm willing to give him the benefit on some of this stuff in the same way that I didn't flip out because Bill needed to know what he had in guys like Hambrick and Quincy. If it's the same next season, I'll be upset like everyone else.

khiladi

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1911366 said:
He couldn't have been worse than Reeves, because anyone worse than Reeves doesn't play in the NFL. Aaron Glenn started four games games for the Jags, including a game changing play where he picked off a pass and ran it back for a TD. Add up all the game changing plays that Nate Jones and Jacques Reeves made combined and multiply it by 1,000,000,000,000 and it still doesn't add up to one.

Let us give you the argument for a second... So Parcells was 1 for 3 in who he picked... He gave us the aging Aaron Glenn, Nate Jones, and Jacques Reeves...

YIPPEE!!!

Score one for Parcells...

Blame wade for holding down the fort with Jacques Reeves, because he could have worked with the all-pro Aaron Glenn, who couldn't sniff the line-up with the Jaguars, and only played situationally for 4 games, the last one being absolutely pointless....