Coaching is making Romo look really bad

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
If we get down AT ALL, Parcells abandons the run and starts having Tony gun it constantly. Very intelligent when you have a first year starter back there. It's ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. He is being asked to throw every game on his back and win. He's a first year starter, Bill. You should know not to put so much on him. He is not the reason we are playing like utter crap. The defense giving up 500 yards and us not running at all is losing it.

irvin88

Reaction score
Wonderboyromo;1259366 said:
If we get down AT ALL, Parcells abandons the run and starts having Tony gun it constantly. Very intelligent when you have a first year starter back there. It's ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. He is being asked to throw every game on his back and win. He's a first year starter, Bill. You should know not to put so much on him. He is not the reason we are playing like utter crap. The defense giving up 500 yards and us not running at all is losing it.

He's part of the reason, though.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score

I mentioned that right when the Eagles scored first. I said "Here comes the pass, pass, pass...."

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
irvin88;1259377 said:

Obviously, but I dont think he would be if we dont abandon the run game as soon as we arent getting 6 yards every carry. We need to keep going with it. We can't gun it every play and expect Romo to play awesome all the time doing that.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
irvin88;1259377 said:

Wait a minute.....he's the reason for what? Getting behind? If he's the reason we are getting behind, why would you rely entirely upon him for getting us a lead back?

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Jimz31;1259381 said:
I mentioned that right when the Eagles scored first. I said "Here comes the pass, pass, pass...."

Of course. It's so easy to guess. Parcells loves gunning it and uses being down as an excuse.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I agree.

It seems like we throw a lot more with Romo at QB.

And I think Romo's underthrows and interceptions are misleading.

He does a good job of scanning the field, and I like that about him.

But he tends to force big-plays particularly when he feels he has to.

He needs to be protected with a good running game. We really don't have a between-the-tackles runner.

The way you beat the Cowboys is to clog up the middle and force the Cowboys to the outside. Barber really doesn't have the outside speed JJ does and JJ just doesn't possess the cutting ability needed to get past the intial tackler on sweeps or up the middle runs.

Barber is better when the other team is worn down, but the Eagles kind of showed why he isn't the starter.

Really, this team is very young except on the offensive line.

We have a full back (Hoyte) who is learning the position and made a critical mistake on 4th and goal. We have a young quarterback. We have a young defense overall.

I think this team is still going to challenge next year, especially as the defense gets some experience. But we've got to fix that offensive line.

Romo has bought us some time, but against better teams, this offensive line is getting exposed.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
tyke1doe;1259402 said:
I agree.

It seems like we throw a lot more with Romo at QB.

And I think Romo's underthrows and interceptions are misleading.

He does a good job of scanning the field, and I like that about him.

But he tends to force big-plays particularly when he feels he has to.

He needs to be protected with a good running game. We really don't have a between-the-tackles runner.

The way you beat the Cowboys is to clog up the middle and force the Cowboys to the outside. Barber really doesn't have the outside speed JJ does and JJ just doesn't possess the cutting ability needed to get past the intial tackler on sweeps or up the middle runs.

Barber is better when the other team is worn down, but the Eagles kind of showed why he isn't the starter.

Really, this team is very young except on the offensive line.

We have a full back (Hoyte) who is learning the position and made a critical mistake on 4th and goal. We have a young quarterback. We have a young defense overall.

I think this team is still going to challenge next year, especially as the defense gets some experience. But we've got to fix that offensive line.

Romo has bought us some time, but against better teams, this offensive line is getting exposed.

And 99% of the teams expose our D.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
True.

And when teams score, it puts our offense on its heals.

And it seems like we're trying to catch up rather than being patient and running the ball to give our defense a breath. It's almost like we try to play catch up too fast.

Take the pass to T.O. that was intercepted. Why was there a need to rush?

We're down 16-7.

Just methodically drive the ball down the field.

It should have been obvious to the Cowboys that the Eagles know T.O. and were ready for him.

They also know that the Cowboys like that over the top pass to T.O. with the safeties playing the middle of the field. But you can't get that play on Dawkins unless he's clearly on the other side of the field because he has too much speed to get back over the top on T.O.

It would have been better had that throw been over T.O.'s left shoulder.

Neverthless, that interception, really, was the turning point of the game. We continue to drive the ball and score and it's 16-14 and a new ball game.

Again, play calling. Going for the big score and not playing the odds and understanding that a score gets us back in the game and gives our defense a much needed rest.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Is it just me, I get the impression when we fall behind we tend to panic. We seem to leave the game plan and start trying to get 14 pts on one play.

We were not stopping them...so control the ball, run, short passes, etc.

What do I know?

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Cbz40;1259475 said:
Is it just me, I get the impression when we fall behind we tend to panic. We seem to leave the game plan and start trying to get 14 pts on one play.

We were not stopping them...so control the ball, run, short passes, etc.

What do I know?

Nope....not just you. Believe me.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Romo is the reason we are at 9-6 and a playoff team but he has not been very good this month. Maybe he needs to stop trying to nail every female country singer he meets.

He made terrible throws in the fourth.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1259501 said:
Romo is the reason we are at 9-6 and a playoff team but he has not been very good this month. Maybe he needs to stop trying to nail every female country singer he meets.

He made terrible throws in the fourth.

That he did. He also made a perfect one to T.O.....but we had to punt due to the drop. Ho-hum.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
and followed that up with two terrible INTs in the fourth.

Anyway, wasn't Owens out of bounds on the drop (he seemed to step out before the ball got to him).

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Jimz31;1259496 said:
Nope....not just you. Believe me.

Good!! I'm glad to hear that. When I get tired I tend to allusinate alot. :)

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1259515 said:
and followed that up with two terrible INTs in the fourth.

Anyway, wasn't Owens out of bounds on the drop (he seemed to step out before the ball got to him).

I also thought he stepped OB myself.

Ken

Reaction score

This is dead on accurate.

I can't believe it when he does this. He just abandons all that has ever made him successful.

Don't get it.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Well he didn't abandon the run at 2nd and goal from the 1, or on 3rd and goal from the 1 or 4th and goal.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1259565 said:
Well he didn't abandon the run at 2nd and goal from the 1, or on 3rd and goal from the 1 or 4th and goal.

:laugh1: I know one extreme to the other. :confused:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Cbz40;1259567 said:
:laugh1: I know one extreme to the other. :confused:

Then again, I didn't think any team could stop Barber from that close three times in a row especially when two of the tackles were by some non entity like Quentin Mikkel.