Video: Cobb vs Beasley Voch Analysis

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I just like the extra dimension Cobb brings. Cole has very good quickness but he has never been much of a downfield threat like Cobb. Only problem with Cobb has been injuries in recent times. Hopefully he can get past that

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I just like the extra dimension Cobb brings. Cole has very good quickness but he has never been much of a downfield threat like Cobb. Only problem with Cobb has been injuries in recent times. Hopefully he can get past that

I expected Cobb would be more of a 3rd down help move the chains guy. That he's a legitimate run threat from behind the LOS is a big deal, as is his ability to credibly line up wide.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Cole was a very bad fit for our offense. Should be in a pass first, 3WR base offense. He's just a liability on a run play, and isn't credible wide.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cole was a very bad fit for our offense. Should be in a pass first, 3WR base offense. He's just a liability on a run play, and isn't credible wide.
That's going a bit far. Trust I was tired of his act but he ran solid routes. He was a solid fit. In this offense he would still work. I just think Cobb at his best is better.

Zordon

Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie, I thought Cobb was washed when we got him. Then I heard the so-so reports from Oxnard and I lost a little more confidence in him. I hope he stays healthy...he seems motivated to prove the Packers made the wrong decision.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
That's going a bit far. Trust I was tired of his act but he ran solid routes. He was a solid fit. In this offense he would still work. I just think Cobb at his best is better.

Cole Beasley was a solid *player*. I loved him. But he was still a bad fit for us both for scheme and our failure to use him properly.

As previously noted, a bad fit for a run first team.

But also Linehan limited him by not sending him up the field enough. Made it trivial for a corner to shut him down by taking outside leverage as long as he had a little LB help inside.

And Dak limited him by being slow to pull the trigger. Quick cuts go to waste if the QB doesn't deliver the ball quickly after the cut.

Cobb's ability to be a gadget runner makes him a better fit for our base offense. Also let's us motion Cooper and Gallup into the slot, with Cobb going wide. Dez could have used that from Beasley.

I'm a Beasley fan. I'd think that Brady would love him. Executes, gets open, catches the ball. But he's not a good fit for all offenses.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cole Beasley was a solid *player*. I loved him. But he was still a bad fit for us both for scheme and our failure to use him properly.

As previously noted, a bad fit for a run first team.

But also Linehan limited him by not sending him up the field enough. Made it trivial for a corner to shut him down by taking outside leverage as long as he had a little LB help inside.

And Dak limited him by being slow to pull the trigger. Quick cuts go to waste if the QB doesn't deliver the ball quickly after the cut.

Cobb's ability to be a gadget runner makes him a better fit for our base offense. Also let's us motion Cooper and Gallup into the slot, with Cobb going wide. Dez could have used that from Beasley.

I'm a Beasley fan. I'd think that Brady would love him. Executes, gets open, catches the ball. But he's not a good fit for all offenses.
Well because they used him wrong doesn't make him a bad fit. They also used Dak wrong as well. They used Dez wrong. And I don't deny that Cobb is a better fit. I said that. What I'm saying is Beasley wasn't a bad fit. He was always open. And for a team that didn't have a TE or didn't use their TE last year? A Beasley helps your young quarterback. Its why the Bills got him. Beasley was apart of some productive offenses here.

Ozdcfan

Reaction score
Cole was a nippy little route runner, cobb is more dynamic, has the strength and burst of speed to break tackles and get down field. As long as he stays fit, we have done well here...

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Move past commercial to :47 seconds if you like
Cobb has 470 total receptions for 5,524 yards and 41 touchdowns. He has four seasons with 65+ receptions, three seasons with 800+ yards and three seasons with six or more touchdowns. Beasley has 319 total receptions for 3,271 yards and 23 touchdowns. He has just two seasons with 65+ receptions, one season with 800+ yards and at no time did ever eclipse six touchdowns in a season. Should I continue?! :muttley:

Cole was a nippy little route runner, cobb is more dynamic, has the strength and burst of speed to break tackles and get down field. As long as he stays fit, we have done well here...
I called him scrappy. :laugh:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Beasley was good here but Cobb is a better fit. Most QB's like bigger receiving targets, so if all else was equal he would still be a better option just due to his size/strength. But i think we can all now agree that Moore would have done things differently to create better opportunities than at any point in linehans time here. Wish beas well but glad we have cobb for the year.

catiii

Reaction score
I've never seen Cole stiff arm a guy to the ground with ONE hand and get past a second DB to get the 1st down like Cobb did last game. He's a definite upgrade and downfield RAC threat.