Coles to Dallas Speculation

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
This rumour is right up there with my second cousin who works with blah blah blah ;)

I heard some info that Laverneous has his eyes set on Dallas.

The reason being given for his request by the media is - Coles is frutstrated with the lack of vertical offense under Gibbs, while that reason has something to do with Coles' frustrations but the biggest reason is the high turn-over rate amongst talented players on the roster. Coles doesn't think there will be any consistency and carry over.

He is not buying into the Commander's idea of how to build a team. He's even willing to pay the Commanders for his release.

His familiarity with Parcells, most importantly Parcells history of always playing the best player is the reason he doesn't mind battling Keyshawn, Glenn and Morgan for the a starting spot.

Take it for what it's worth.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is good stuff and cowboy-related, regardless of whether it's true or not. might want to add where you heard the info, tho. You know how folks are on this board. Gotta know the source.

Stirs up good debate. Why'd you post it in the NFL zone? Re-post in the main forum?

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
This is good stuff and cowboy-related, regardless of whether it's true or not. might want to add where you heard the info, tho. You know how folks are on this board. Gotta know the source.

Stirs up good debate. Why'd you post it in the NFL zone? Re-post in the main forum?
I posted it here because I figured it was more along the NFL rumour..........

I heard it from some long time buddies, I go clubbing with @ Dreams Night Club in DC. Some of Laverneous local buddies were there and passed on the news. It was pretty much guys talking about sports between trying to check out the beautiful ladies in the club. We call it beer talk ;)

BigWillie

Reaction score
Just for clarification...did this 'talk' happen between beer 2-3 or beer 12-13? ;)

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything on this topic previously.....

I'd dismiss it if I were you.....besides do you think he'll get paid in Dallas?

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
BigWillie said:
Just for clarification...did this 'talk' happen between beer 2-3 or beer 12-13? ;)
More like 5-6 beers couple shots of Yeger :beer2:

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:

He's already got paid and so far most free agents that have signed with Dallas whom have previously played under PArcells have taken somewhat of a pay cut. I know Coles never played for Parcels (Bill moved to the front office and drafted Coles) but I'd hope he'd take a similar deal.

HipHop

Benched
Reaction score
Charles said:
I heard it from some long time buddies, I go clubbing with @ Dreams Night Club in DC. Some of Laverneous local buddies were there and passed on the news.

So let me see if I have this scenario down....

Charles and friends at a bar said:
Hey long time buddies, while I was at the bar, I noticed some of Laeiouvaeiournaeious Coles friends were here. We should talk to them.
Meanwhile...on the other side of the club....

friends of Laeiouvaeiournaeious Coles said:
Dawg....I think thats 'Charles' from Cowboyszone.com. Lets pass on the info that Laeiouvaeiournaeious is interested in playing in Dallas. That way, 'Charles' will spread the word!
Is that sort of how it went down?

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:

It's common knowledge that the Cowboys are looking for a lead receiver this offseason... they have been linked at various times to Randy Moss, Derrick Mason, Laveraneus Coles, Plaxico Burress and Muhsin Muhammad...

Personally, I'd prefer Muhammad, followed by Coles and Mason... or Mason and Coles, the order of the latter two doesn't really matter to me...

I'm glad that Moss wound up elsewhere, and I don't want that sociopath Burress playing for the Cowboys...

Tell the truth, wouldn't it suck for you, seeing Coles in a Cowboys uni??

Chrisbob

Reaction score
silverbear said:
It's common knowledge that the Cowboys are looking for a lead receiver this offseason... they have been linked at various times to Randy Moss, Derrick Mason, Laveraneus Coles, Plaxico Burress and Muhsin Muhammad...

Personally, I'd prefer Muhammad, followed by Coles and Mason... or Mason and Coles, the order of the latter two doesn't really matter to me...

I'm glad that Moss wound up elsewhere, and I don't want that sociopath Burress playing for the Cowboys...

Tell the truth, wouldn't it suck for you, seeing Coles in a Cowboys uni??

Of course it would suck Bear, just like it would suck for you if a leading Pokes player came to the Commanders.

Bottom line is Coles doesn't want to be in DC, if he doesn't, he can go, and if it were to be to the Cowboys, then so be it as long as the deal was right from the Commanders point of veiw.

Him hurting us as a Cowboy would be the risk the Skins would have to take!

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
Chrisbob said:

Him hurting us as a Cowboy would be the risk the Skins would have to take!

He was always strong in the first quarter though.......then that toe starts slowing him down.......