Colin Cowherd ripping Jerry Jones

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Claims Jerry Jones stated that he didn't see a problem and that Wade Phillips would be the Coach next year.

He compares Jerry Jones to the American Idol singer that everyone knows sucks except for the singer.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Wait you mean he's already off the bandwagon again? Really? You don't say. Wow, who could have known that would happen.

sacase

Reaction score
Sorry but JJ has had a great draft this past year. I think phillips taken control of the defense and the defense playing lights out for the most part helped his cause.

LRcowboy Fan

Reaction score
Even if Jerry had every intention of firing Wade or Jason or whoever, he would not say he was going to do that with a game left in the season and a possible playoff game. That would be rediculous.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
LRcowboy Fan;2517729 said:
Even if Jerry had every intention of firing Wade or Jason or whoever, he would not say he was going to do that with a game left in the season and a possible playoff game. That would be rediculous.

Precisely. What do the mediots want out of Jerry? A guaranteed firing with playoffs on the line?

That would be absurd.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
The only move that anyone can rip this year was Jerry not being patient and giving up a 1st and a 3rd for an overrated receiver. Then giving him the 2nd highest paid receiver contract in the entire league, for a guy that still hasn't learned the offense after 8 weeks.

Outside of that, he's put together some great drafts - and without Jerry we wouldn't have DeMarcus Ware right now, Tuna wanted Spears at 11.

So be informed before you become opinionated.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I think Cowherd falls into a similar category as many folks. Just when they start to believe in this team, they come up small.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Whats new?

Out of the 16 teams who lost this weekend Dallas gets ripped the hardest from management on down.

Shocking. :rolleyes:

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
gmb85;2517719 said:
I love Cowturd. He's amusing. :rolleyes:

Yeah I like Colin Cowherd, because even if he doesn't know what he's talking about (and he admits that he uses the "eyeball test" all the time) he's still funny to listen to.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Jerry's not going to say anything until the team is eliminated.

He gave Campo and Gailey votes of confidence all the way through December.

If/when he makes a move this year, I think it will be different. Instead of firing the guy, then starting a search for the successor, I think he'll have a specific guy in mind this time before he fires Wade, whether it be promoting Garrett, grabbing Holmgren, or whatever.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Chief;2517806 said:
Jerry's not going to say anything until the team is eliminated.

He gave Campo and Gailey votes of confidence all the way through December.

If/when he makes a move this year, I think it will be different. Instead of firing the guy, then starting a search for the successor, I think he'll have a specific guy in mind this time before he fires Wade, whether it be promoting Garrett, grabbing Holmgren, or whatever.

Could be. I think if they go out and lay another *** in Philly with yet another chance to clinch, even if he was leaning towards keeping Wade he may change his mind then. Especially if they lose by playing poorly. If its a tough, hard fought game and we lose thats one thing, but if they just stink up the place like they did Saturday I do wonder if Jerruh will change his mind on Wade.

I do agree with the bolded statement though. If he decides he is willing to make a change, we might only know about it if a change actually takes place. If he cant get the specific guy he wants, he might not do anything.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I don't listen to Cowherd except for maybe a couple minutes flipping around on my way to work, because he's the worst kind of no-nothing, ultra-superficial, celebrity-wannabe shock jock. But when I saw this thread, I turned him on and Dilfer was on there talking about us and Romo. Now Werder is on there talking about us. It's amazing to me how much attention we get from the national shows... I mean, this sounds like a local program.

I guess it seems strange to me how much these guys all -- from Cowherd to Dilfer (who has been and is being infected with ESPN-itis as we speak) to Werder -- rip us. They truly want us to fail, and I can't understand that because we're obviously a hugely popular team. And if we really went into the ditch Campo-style, we'd be so far out of the hunt that we wouldn't even be worthy of discussion. I guess they like it just like this, where we're not as good as they said we'd be so they can rip us, but we're good enough to talk about.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;2518651 said:
How is Cowturd wrong on this?

Even when Cowherd is wrong he rarely admits it. He just avoids what he was wrong about.

He has been up and down with Dallas all year. He rides the tide just as much as anyone else.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maikeru-sama;2517711 said:
Claims Jerry Jones stated that he didn't see a problem and that Wade Phillips would be the Coach next year.

He compares Jerry Jones to the American Idol singer that everyone knows sucks except for the singer.

So
Jerry-Jones.jpg
equals
william_hung.jpg
?