Combine just around the corner

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The combine is next week and will serve to start clearing up a few questions, and I'm excited for it.

A couple things I'll be looking at is....

Manny Lawson may be the fastest riser at the combine if he runs a nasty 40 time, he could really elevate his stock all the way up to the Browns pic.

Ko Simpson's and Len Dale White's 40 times are going to be interesting to see also.

I'm interested in Marcus McNeill...I want to see how much he can lift and how he runs as well. I want to see that sub 5 40...Speaking of lifting...did anyone see the competitions on ESPN the other day, where Larry Allen lifted 225 lbs. 43 times?

Brian Caulhon RB Wisconsin - If he shows up at over 200 pounds and runs well which is expected no matter what he could climb up to the early round 2 or maybe even late round 1.

Antonio Cromartie DB FSU - If he worksout well he could go as high as #19. In fact I think he'll do just fine and I'm thinking about projecting him to SD at pick #19. He can project to FS or CB which we could use as well.

Another guy I'm interested in seeing at the combine is Gabe Watson. I really want to see how much he can lift. He could solidify himself in the 1st round if he lifts well.

Attention Rob Carpenter.... please do not elevate your stock above 18!! remain calm, and just go through the motions.

burmafrd

Reaction score
watson is a lazy un motivated disaster looking for a place to happen.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Things I'm watching at Combine:

WR's - route running and speed - we need a burner both in 40 and quick. Orr is on my radar as a sleeper

QB's - Later Day 2 QB's to churn back end of roster

NT - Ngata/Watson are stud 3-4 NT's Watching their showings. Watson had huge Senior Bowl and Dallas very interested.

LB - Lawson and Howard will deliver deliverables. Carpenter will be on display and can teeter in or out og first. Medical big for him.

FS - Will someone step up. Smith a player and I'm watching Harper a lot closer. Watkins on bench will be interesting.

TE - Pope and Davis - TE freaks may be BPA at #18. Bledsoe needs more weapons.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
The only player I'll be watching for is DeAngelo Williams. I'm really hoping he goes high in the draft. He's a great kid and I wish him nothing but the best.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Nors, Watson did NOT have a huge Senior Bowl. AND it does nothing to erase the laziness and lack of effort and production he had at Michigan.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Watson had a very strong Senior Bowl showing at week of practice and game. Dallas spent a lot of time with him.

3-4 NT's Watson/Ngata would be solid additions to our rotation with Fergi.

Games are won in the trenches.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The following is NFL Network's day-by-day telecast plans:

Thursday, Feb. 23
2 p.m. ET -- NFL Scouting Combine press conferences (LIVE)
7 p.m. ET/PT -- NFL Total Access from the Scouting Combine

Friday, Feb. 24

Saturday, Feb. 25
11 a.m. ET -- Workouts: Offensive linemen and running backs (LIVE) (re-airs 8 PM ET/PT)

Sunday, Feb. 26
11 a.m. -- Workouts: Quarterbacks, wide receivers, running backs (LIVE) (re-airs 8 PM ET/PT)

Monday, Feb. 27
11 a.m. ET -- Workouts: Tight ends, defensive lineman (LIVE) (re-airs 8 PM ET/PT)

Tuesday, Feb. 28
11 a.m. ET -- Workouts: Linebackers, defensive backs (LIVE) (re-airs at 8 p.m. ET/PT)

Wednesday, Mar. 1
8 p.m. ET/PT -- 2006 NFL Scouting Combine wrapup show

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Typhus said:
The combine is next week and will serve to start clearing up a few questions, and I'm excited for it.

A couple things I'll be looking at is....

Manny Lawson may be the fastest riser at the combine if he runs a nasty 40 time, he could really elevate his stock all the way up to the Browns pic.

Ko Simpson's and Len Dale White's 40 times are going to be interesting to see also.

I'm interested in Marcus McNeill...I want to see how much he can lift and how he runs as well. I want to see that sub 5 40...Speaking of lifting...did anyone see the competitions on ESPN the other day, where Larry Allen lifted 225 lbs. 43 times?

Brian Caulhon RB Wisconsin - If he shows up at over 200 pounds and runs well which is expected no matter what he could climb up to the early round 2 or maybe even late round 1.

Antonio Cromartie DB FSU - If he worksout well he could go as high as #19. In fact I think he'll do just fine and I'm thinking about projecting him to SD at pick #19. He can project to FS or CB which we could use as well.

Another guy I'm interested in seeing at the combine is Gabe Watson. I really want to see how much he can lift. He could solidify himself in the 1st round if he lifts well.

Attention Rob Carpenter.... please do not elevate your stock above 18!! remain calm, and just go through the motions.

LMAO... I'm with you on Carpenter... I'd love to see that big ol' fella wearing the Lone Star next year...

Also, I don't see the Browns taking another WR... They don't have Lionitis... The Browns will probably grab Ngata or AJ Hawk... both fit that defense to a tee.