Combine mock

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
22. Michigan WR Mario Manningham

fast receiver w/ a burst, is a vertical threat who catches the ball at it's highest point, has great leaping ability, averaged a TD every 5 catches at Michigan, w/ most of them being of the 20+ yard variety, just a hunch here, but some of the questions the Cowboys asked Chad Henne when they talked to them pertained to his #1 option

28. Tennessee State CB Dominique Rogers-Cromartie

long, lean cousin of San Diego CB Antonio Cromartie, has good speed and a good burst, plays the ball well and is willing in run-support

pick subject to trade w/ Atlanta for DeAngelo Hall

2nd. Texas A&M DT Red Bryant

massive, athletic NT, is great at occupying double teams, and collapsing the pocket

3rd. West Virginia RB Steve Slaton

dual threat RB w/ big play ability, possesses good agility and hands out of the backfield, an explosive runner

4th. LSU CB Chevis Jackson

5th. Virginia Tech OLB Chris Ellis

6th. Tennessee S Jonathan Hefney

7th. Ole Miss RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1966432 said:
22. Michigan WR Mario Manningham

fast receiver w/ a burst, is a vertical threat who catches the ball at it's highest point, has great leaping ability, averaged a TD every 5 catches at Michigan, w/ most of them being of the 20+ yard variety, just a hunch here, but some of the questions the Cowboys asked Chad Henne when they talked to them pertained to his #1 option

28. Tennessee State CB Dominique Rogers-Cromartie

long, lean cousin of San Diego CB Antonio Cromartie, has good speed and a good burst, plays the ball well and is willing in run-support

pick subject to trade w/ Atlanta for DeAngelo Hall

2nd. Texas A&M DT Red Bryant

massive, athletic NT, is great at occupying double teams, and collapsing the pocket

3rd. West Virginia RB Steve Slaton

dual threat RB w/ big play ability, possesses good agility and hands out of the backfield, an explosive runner

4th. LSU CB Chevis Jackson

5th. Virginia Tech OLB Chris Ellis

6th. Tennessee S Jonathan Hefney

7th. Ole Miss RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Interesting. Being totally honest nothing there really excites me beyond Cromartie but at the same time they are all very safe picks that I could not complain about.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1966465 said:
Interesting. Being totally honest nothing there really excites me beyond Cromartie but at the same time they are all very safe picks that I could not complain about.

an explosive WR doesn't excite you? or how about an explosive RB?

thanks for your input however

SDogo

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1966516 said:

No, don't get me wrong, they do and I don't have any issues with the positions picked. I'm just not a big fan of Manningham or Slaton. It's not a bad draft by any means, just does not excite me.

ayjackson

Reaction score
I think it's a solid mock. I'd be very happy with it. I'd like to see a guard in the mid rounds somewhere - like a Mike McGlynn or John Greco - but that's being a bit picky.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
I like the draft as well for the current situation. I fear that OT might become more of a priority later. Solid mock. I like the Manningham pick though

SDogo

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1966516 said:

I sure hope Manningham plays faster then he runs because his 40 times at the combine don't say "explosive"

WDN

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;1967261 said:
manningham isn't going at 22 after his performance in the 40 2day

I am sure his pro day will reestablish himself.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
he plays faster than his 40 time

btw, screw this draft

DeSean Jackson at 22

Chris Johnson at 28

Charles Godfrey in the 2nd

and I'll figure the rest