Combine standout predictions

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Here are some of the players I think are going to help themselves the most at the underwear olympics.

QB - Trent Edwards - Has all the measurables that the NFL is looking for. He'll move up most mocks to the early second round.

RB - Tony Hunt - Anything under a 4.7's going to help him but I've heard rumors that he'll be in the 4.5s.

WR -Johnny Lee Higgins - Might post the fastest 40 among the WRs. Ask Chad Jackson how much that helps.

CB - Chris Houston - Not getting a lot of love from the general public. That'll change when they see some eye-popping numbers.

RB - Brian Leonard - 4.4s aren't out of reach.

LB - Paul Pozluszny - He'll move back up after the question of his health and physical limitations are quashed.

DE - Gaines Adams - I've seen some internet rumors of freakish measurables.

Again, these are just guesses on my part but it's fun to speculate.

The Realist

Reaction score
John Wendling FS Wyoming

Jay Moore DE Nebraska (3-4 SOLB)

Lorenzo Booker RB FSU

Anthony Spencer OLB/DE Purdue

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
QB - Trent Edwards/Stanford (Couldn't agree with you more)

CB - Eric Wright/UNLV The kid was a starter for USC in the championship game against Oklahoma . He got in some trouble and had to transfer to UNLV the following year . He was so far above that level that teams simply didn't throw against him there . He's been forgotten but shouldn't be !

RB - Nate Ilaoa/Hawaii Has the size to play FB in the NFL , but will make an even better offensive weapon . Rushed for nearly 1000yds. for a team who throws the ball 70% of the time and averaged 7.6 a carry . One of the better receivers out of the backfield , he had 67 receptions for 837yds. If you've ever seen this kid run , you just couldn't believe he weighs 248lbs.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
The Realist;1388670 said:
John Wendling FS Wyoming

Jay Moore DE Nebraska (3-4 SOLB)

Lorenzo Booker RB FSU

Anthony Spencer OLB/DE Purdue

I'll second Wendling and should have included him. There are some reports out there of insane workout numbers.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Also watch for Staley, the OT from Central Michigan to rise up draft boards.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Hostile;1388701 said:

I'm not sure if there are any unaswered questions about him that would lead to a combine increase and I don't think he'll put up any "wow" numbers.

I do think he's a little underrated right now though.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Hostile;1388701 said:

He won't be participating he hurt his hamstring in warmups. He says he will be ready on his pro day.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;1388716 said:
He won't be participating he hurt his hamstring in warmups. He says he will be ready on his pro day.
I did not know that. Thank you.

BigDave95

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1388658 said:
CB - Chris Houston - Not getting a lot of love from the general public. That'll change when they see some eye-popping numbers.

Houston is freakishly strong. I wouldn't be surprised to see him do close to 30 reps but he's not that fast. He won't blow anyone away in the 40 or the agility drills.

I'm anxious to see Adrian Peterson. He's set an unrealistic bar for himself claiming he's going to run in the 4.29 range. All he can do is disappoint.

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
from Levi Jones this morning at the NFL Combine:

"Anthony Spencer is tough. He's the best defensive end in this draft. You all should draft him."

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
IndianaCowboyFan;1388782 said:
from Levi Jones this morning at the NFL Combine:

"Anthony Spencer is tough. He's the best defensive end in this draft. You all should draft him."

I have a hunch that Spencer is going to be high on the Cowboys' radar. Wade Phillips had great success with a near identical player in Shaun Phillips.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
good exercise, here's another who's going to shoot up IMO

FSU LB Lawrence Timmons, said on Cold Pizza that he's going to bench 225 30 times and run a 4.4

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Keep an eye on Marcus McCauley, conerback from Fresno State. He's 6-0 and he runs a 4.38. He's an outstanding athlete.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
IndianaCowboyFan;1389244 said:
Oops from my posting it should be Levi Brown from Penn State and not Levi Jones

Ban yourself...........:D

locked&loaded

Reaction score
anthony spencer-speed
calvin johnson-speed
chris houston-....many things
victor abiramiri-strength