coming to game thanksgiving need help

tuckl70

Reaction score
We are staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Irving because they have free shuttle to and from the game... dont' wanna risk drinking and driving. Where is a good place to hang out after the game (didnt know being a holiday what would be open). ... we probably want to drink a few more beers in a good atmosphere and then eat and go back to the room

also how expensive is the beer at the game? we heard $8 a beer and it's a small plastic cup, is that true?

this is our first time ever to get to come to a game and we are beyond excited just dont know what to do before and after etc.

TIA

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Be very loud in the stadium , usually the home crowd for Dallas is not that noisy . Get some noise , guys !

dallas_112678

Reaction score
nalam;2444207 said:
Be very loud in the stadium , usually the home crowd for Dallas is not that noisy . Get some noise , guys !

I thought the crowd was pretty noisy at that SF game, i mean when we were on that momentum changing period of the game (safety, etc...) it was so loud, ive never heard a texas stadium game that loud on TV the past few years.

BigDave95

Reaction score
CATCH17;2444016 said:
6 a beer and it comes in a plastic bottle. No cup.

Six??! Where?

They sell the plastic 16 ounce Miller bottles and they are $7.50 each.

BigDave95

Reaction score
tuckl70;2444013 said:
We are staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Irving because they have free shuttle to and from the game... dont' wanna risk drinking and driving. Where is a good place to hang out after the game (didnt know being a holiday what would be open). ... we probably want to drink a few more beers in a good atmosphere and then eat and go back to the room

also how expensive is the beer at the game? we heard $8 a beer and it's a small plastic cup, is that true?

this is our first time ever to get to come to a game and we are beyond excited just dont know what to do before and after etc.

TIA

You could always go to the Corral Club just outside the stadium in the parking lot if you wanted to stay real close. They'll have a band and tv's to watch Philly get beat. It's usually a fun atmosphere assuming the Cowboys win.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
dallas_112678;2444224 said:
I thought the crowd was pretty noisy at that SF game, i mean when we were on that momentum changing period of the game (safety, etc...) it was so loud, ive never heard a texas stadium game that loud on TV the past few years.

You clearly missed the Philly game this year then. The place was unreal. Many longtime season ticket holders have expressed that it was one of the best crowds they've ever heard at Texas Stadium.....thanks to me. :D

BigDave95

Reaction score
tuckl70;2444013 said:

TIA

And as far as before the game, just get out there as early as possible. We're getting there at 10AM but most people will arrive around 11:00.

Go to the Blue lot which is the closest to the stadium and there will be hundreds of tailgates where I'm sure you'll be welcomed in. The Thanksgiving game always has the best food. We're setting up outside gate 2 and have 20+ people. We're smoking a brisket, ribs, and ham and also deep frying a turkey. Mix in a ton of sides and desserts and it should be a nice feast. There will be a hundred tailgates as big or bigger for this game so just come on out and introduce yourself.

Reaction score
first off get there EARLY in the morning. Get to blue parking (right around the stadium) and come tailgate with everyone. Bring some beer and most people on Thanksgiving are eager to pass out food. Afterwards, most of the bars in town will start opening up around 7:00 p.m. and that should be about time that the game is over.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tuckl70;2444013 said:

TIA

I will be at the game. Right after we will be heading to Euless. Will open my bar no later than 8. Will stay open to 2:00 AM.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I'd recommend hanging out at the Corral at the stadium after the game... make sure you know how late your shuttle will be running though.

Only problem with the Corral is paying stadium prices for food and drinks. Best thing about the Corral is the Hooters girls waiting on you! :D

Verdict

Reaction score
I am an out of stater who has season tickets. PM me and tell me what kind of place you are looking for, and I'll be glad to give you my thoughts and some options available to you.

tuckl70

Reaction score
thank you all for your help... our shuttle only runs an hour after the game, but we could take a taxi... how long is the corral open?

jazzcat - what is the name of your bar? what kind of atmosphere is it? rock, country, hip hop?

friday i am taking hubby to hooters in ft worth from 1-2 where the hooters girls are going to be there signing the '09 calendar... he is sooo excited

imagine a wife buying him cowboys tickets AND taking him to meet the hooters girls in person :laugh2: i just want to see him happy and this is the majority of his xmas present so i want it to be good

tuckl70

Reaction score
one more question??? since we can't bring a cooler to the tailgating because we're coming on a shuttle will there be beer for sale somewhere in the area?