Commander Dallas Rivalry question

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
How did Dallas get into the league exactly, if I remeber correctly is has something to do with us buying "Hail to the Commanders". Who owns those rights now? I would love to prevent them from playing it.

DBoys

Reaction score
When the Skins voted us in I think we gave them the song back.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
George Preston Marshall owned the skins when we applied for a franchise. At the time he had the entire south as his market. When he and his wife got a divorce she got the rights to the song Hail to the Commanders.

Marshall didn't want another team to be in "his" market to take away from his skins TV time. So he wasn't going to allow then in, he was going to veto the whole deal.

Gil Brandt found out that his ex wife had the rights and she, wanting to nail him one last time sold the rights to the Cowboys.

They said if he didn't vote to allow them in the league they would not allow him to play that song anymore.

Ya gotta love that woman!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy said:
George Preston Marshall owned the skins when we applied for a franchise. At the time he had the entire south as his market. When he and his wife got a divorce she got the rights to the song Hail to the Commanders.

Marshall didn't want another team to be in "his" market to take away from his skins TV time. So he wasn't going to allow then in, he was going to veto the whole deal.

Gil Brandt found out that his ex wife had the rights and she, wanting to nail him one last time sold the rights to the Cowboys.

They said if he didn't vote to allow them in the league they would not allow him to play that song anymore.

Ya gotta love that woman!

Wow... now thats strategy... find your opponents weakness and expose it... crush him..... reminds me of the movie WALLSTREET

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
YoMick said:
Wow... now thats strategy... find your opponents weakness and expose it... crush him..... reminds me of the movie WALLSTREET

We were destined for greatness!